This hotel is a good sleep at a cheap price at a great location. Got it on Priceline a few days before and was our planned stop for the night as we headed south with the kids to our holiday location.
Here are the pros and the cons...
- Handily located just off the I-15 freeway. Got there less than a minute after exiting the freeway. It was a quiet location: we slept well and heard nothing all night.
- We purchased two rooms (one for the girls and the other for parents and the boys) and the hotel made sure they were right across the hall from each other.
- Good sized, clean room with a good bed. The bathroom had been updated and felt clean. The rug looked updated. Beds were good, no problems there. Furniture also looked updated. The sink is outside the bathroom, but that was ok.
- There was a digital thermostat in the room - always a nice touch
- Decent selection of TV channels and pretty good size TV in our room (27 inch tube TV)... but I always wish one of the channels would be a TV guide. No luck here.
- Nice little fridge in the room.
- Wireless internet was easy to connect to and worked well.
- Continental breakfast provided starting at 6am was included with the price of the room. They provided pre-packaged muffins, yoghurt, toasted bread or bagels, apples, some cereal with milk, apple juice and orange juice, or coffee. You get what you want and then take it back to your room to eat.
- The hotel is dated in a number of ways and looks a bit tired in spots, probably the most noticeable in the public areas. The hotel feels like it was built in the 70's and was not built with the public spaces that we have come to expect in newer hotels and motels. The lobby is small and dimly lighted. Hallways feel and smell a bit old. The exterior siding of the hotel looks a bit tired, as does the roofing. Once you get to your room, however, the exterior does not matter. A little freaky to find a telephone installed by the toilet!
- Too bad there is not enough space in the lobby to eat breakfast. All you can do is get your food and then go back to your room to eat it (which means you better get what you want in the first trip unless you want to make multiple trips to the lobby)
- Our TV in the second room was old, small, and did not work, try as we might. It was a 21inch tube TV and would only provide static. We did not complain about it, as we were coming and going so quickly that there was little time for TV watching.
- Rather than getting keys in the form of magnetic striped cards, you get real keys! Just like the olden days! Not exactly the most secure arrangement. The door nobs to all the rooms look old and tired, so these keys could be the same as many years ago.
- A nice touch would have been if the front desk personnel would have worn a uniform of some type rather than jeans and t-shirt; it would have added to the professionalism of the hotel.
Still a very good value if you just want a place to sleep. We arrived too late and left too early to use the pool, which is open 8am to 11pm.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shilo Inn - Helena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn - Helena Hotel Helena
- Helena Shilo Inn