“The Accolades Are Well-Deserved”

Montana Fishing Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thanks for visiting us at Montana Fishing Outfitters, we are here to help you make your Montana fly fishing trip come to reality. We consider ourselves Montana’s Most Unique Guide Service because we offer top-notch angling adventures with our team of professional fly fishing guides throughout Montana. From our home water, the trout-filled Missouri River in central Montana, to the fabled Bighorn River in eastern Montana to the picturesque Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, we get around. MFO takes pride in putting together your dream Montana fly fishing trip, whether it is float fishing one of our many famous blue-ribbon rivers or wade fishing a secret stream you’ve never heard of before. We also love to have fun out on the water with our anglers – we think fly fishing is about spending quality time in beautiful places with good people. We love what we do, and we want to share it with you.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Spent two fabulous days fishing with my 14 year old son, a novice angler, and Garrett Munson in Craig, Montana and can't wait to return. Garrett picked us up at out hotel each day, got us to Craig, made sure we had licenses and other appropriate gear, rigged the boat and took care of EVERYTHING else. All we had to do was pay attention to his advice and catch fish -- and catch fish we did, lots of them.

Garrett could easily have grown cranky with occasionally tangled lines and less than perfect casting form, but he was patient, constructive and ever-mindful of where the fish were. The photos and memories of my son's first fish are priceless.

As nice as the weather was on our first day of fishing it was miserable on the second -- snowing with a windchill in the 20s! My son and I were unprepared, but Garrett was not. He supplied multiple layers of warm clothing and even provided gloves and hand warmers. After such a great first day of fishing, it never crossed our mind not to fish the second day, despite the weather. We still caught fish, but decided to call it a day after only 4 hours. Garrett wasn't judgmental about our decision and showed great concern for my son's well-being.

If you're looking for a guide/outfitter in the Helena vicinity, you'd be certifiably crazy not to book with Garrett and MFO. An effortless, thoroughly enjoyable and truly memorable fishing adventure. It doesn't get ant better than this with a guy as comfortable debating the pros and cons of the Affordable Care Act as he is the impact of snowpack runoff on fishing conditions along the Missouri River. No question I'll be a repeat customer.

1  Thank Ausaham
There are newer reviews for Montana Fishing Outfitters

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Montana last summer and wanted to do some fly fishing. I can't say enough about Garrett and MFO. I think we were so lucky to fish with him. He was easy to contact and accommodating when booking our trip. On the river he was very friendly and knowledgeable. He put us on fish after fish until my girlfriend got exhausted from reeling them in. At some point another angler on the river yelled out "Everybody's asking what Lindsey's using". Needless to say Liz and I are novices at best, however Garrett gave us some good tips to better our casting such that by the end of the day I felt that my fly fishing skills have improved significantly. Above all we had a lot of fun. Garrett is the best guide I have ever worked with fishing or not and I can't wait to go back and try some other trips with him.

1  Thank Razvan_D
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just read the other reviews and add a few pluses! Even before the trip, they were helpful in suggesting accommodation and clothing, For relative neophytes like my son and myself it was a good trip because we learned from them, the fundamentals of fly fishing.
Jerry and Mark L.

1  Thank TheBritishColumbians
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had four different locations over 2 weeks in Montana I needed Guides for and Garrett and Pat of MFO were able to fill the ticket with great guides, and everything went smoothly. All guides got me into great fish, and were very helpful and patient with relatively new fly fisher. I will be back as Montana is spectacular, and the fishing is great

1  Thank Moonrider55
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just spent three days of incredible fishing on the Missouri with Garrett. His knowledge of the fish, of the river, and his ability to instruct from morning until evening with a great sense of humor and never-ending patience was unforgettable and very much appreciated. This is my third trip out of Craig with my mother, with different guides, and we both feel this was the best experience we have had yet, mostly due to Garrett. In fact, we have booked him for next year to teach us more about the Missouri, and also the Yellowstone and Madison!

1  Thank NancyD53