“Terrific New Property”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Helena
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was pleased to discover this new HIE when I stayed in Helena. It is a brand new property and it has many features one would expect to find in full service hotels. The lobby is huge, with a large business center adjacent to the front desk. There is a touch screen wide screen computer monitor near the front desk with interactive options like news headlines and airport flight info available instantly. The rooms are large and well appointed. There are many restaurants nearby, and Buffalo Wild WIngs is literally located next to the parking lot. The only drawback was the price. Rack rates run around $139 a night. But if you don't mind spending a bit more, this may be the finest hotel in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travlinman58

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was interested to see what such a new hotel would be like, and it was a very nice experience. Check-in was quick and reservation made on-line was there. The rate I had requested was not available because of some fine print, so we did pay quite a bit more than we had been expecting. We had a room at the end of the hall, so no guest room on one side of us, and never heard the neighbors on the other side (if there were any). Actually we did see lots of vehicles and people, but never heard anybody else from inside our room - no doors closing, hallway conversations, or anything.
The adjacent big box stores were handy, and a couple of restaurants right on the doorstep meant that after a long day of driving, we didn't have to drive some more for dinner.
The breakfast offerings were plentiful and the staff even offered take-out containers if we wanted some more for later. We did n't try the pool, etc. so can't offer any comment.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PiperKaren
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Brand new hotel. Very clean. Friendly and very helpful front desk attendant. Excellent hot breakfast with omelets, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, bagels, etc. Pool and hot tub area great as well.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BWHClan
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Only open one month and doing well. Great friendly staff in a well constructed building. Tiled tub/shower very nice. Large flat screen TV.
Many shops (Shopko, Macys, Target, etc) and restaurants including grocery store (Albertson's) within walking distance. Costco is short distance away. Sports bar (Buffalo Wild Wings), just next door.
Breakfast bar well maintained and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keikidoc
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We arrived in Helena in the afternoon and were looking for the oriinal Holiday Inn, but did not find it so we decided to ask at this hotel for directions. The staff at the reception was fantastic and so we decided to stay here for the night. The Hotel is completely new and the room (3rd floor) was hughe and very clean. Breakfast was included and very tasty. If you have some questions about town you can ask the reception about everything and the will help you. Free Wifi was available throughout the hotel. Because our stay was that good we chose the same hotel again one week later when we came back from Yellowstone. Thank you!

Room Tip: The Suites are great
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This place was undoubtedly the best welcome I have had in Helena, I come up 3/4 times a year. Last time stayed at the Residence thought I'd try the 'newbie' it was actually the 4th day of opening. The staff were exceptional, friendly happy and by far the best in a long time. The room I had was large and very comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was very nice lots to choose from and tasted really good. They have put a lot into the hotel and whoever hired the staff gets kudos from me.... they were exceptional!
The other best thing is Buffalo Wild Wings is just across from the lot. I will make this hotel my Helena stop.

Room Tip: west facing room has a good view- mountains
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank irishbrenan
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Being that I travel ALOT for government business, I've stayed at numerous hotels around the US. My stay at the Express last night was one of a kind! The staff was great which was surprising for a new hotel, and not only that the free breakfast in the morning was the icing on the cake if you know what i mean "I like cake"! The only downside in the beginning was their government rate of $99 but in the end their hospitality made up the difference. Sure hope Helena is on my agenda next near!

Room Tip: East facing room! I had a white wall to look at.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business