“Great home away from home!”

Comfort Suites Helena
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Emigrant, Montana
“Great home away from home!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I travel extensively for business and stay in hotels for weeks at a time. The Comfort Suites of Helena is one of the best with lots of amenities and warm, friendly, over-the-top helpful staff. The rooms are clean and the temperature self-controlled. The suite is spacious with enough area to spread out; the bed is very comfortable with thick mattresses and perfect pillows as well as a blanket and spread to keep warm in winter; a large enough fridge to hold plenty of food; love seat and stuffed chair; a large flat screen TV viewable from both the living and sleeping areas; plenty of surface space (large desk with roll out addition as well as a coffee table, end table and night stands) to work, eat and store on; a full size closet and in-room safe as well as access to the business center, pool and spa, work out room and daily Helena newspaper and the Wall Street Journal. Location is excellent near I-15 and shopping centers with restaurants. They even have outdoor plugs for use on subzero nights. This hotel also features cost-saving "green" technologies - such as room temps that drop to 66˚ - 68˚ during the day and sensors that turn off lights and electricity to the top plugs if no one is in the room - that once you get used to can be circumvented and/or remedied. Overall, a great place to stay for one night or for weeks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us! We strive to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as yours was. We look foward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We flew out of Helena Motana on the 18th of Jan 2013, so we spent the night in Helena on the 17th. This was probably the best staff we have encountered.. They made our stay so wonderful. We also spent the night on our return from Florida. They just were so kind,treated you like family.. Kudos to them !!!! : )

Room Tip: I think any room stay in well be great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. Our entire staff works very hard to make every guests stay enjoyable and memorable. Thank you for visiting us, and look foward to your return!
Billings, MT
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hotel is good for the following:
1. great location... easy to get around, close to convenience stores and grocery stores. You have to drive to restaurants, but they are still close enough to be easy to find.
2. Staff are fantastic...accommodating, friendly, and aim to please! Love that!
3. Beds are so comfortable, rooms are roomy and nice. Manage your own temp, which is always a bonus.
4. Free Wi-fi is a huge plus!
5. Continental breakfast is nice... not GREAT! but acceptable

Down side:
1. No restaurant/bar...I wonder if the pool area would have been a better investment to put a bar? Regardless, there is a gas station very close with a great beer and wine selection and a fridge in your room.
2. No restaurants within walking distance, although all were within close, easy driving, so this isn't really a big downer.
3. The BIGGEST downer for me was that the gym doesn't open until 6:00 a.m. I can't figure this one out... There is no reason not to allow access at 5:00 as it is right next to the reception area. Most business travelers need to be out the door by 7a.m so we can't work-out at 6. This alone, is big enough for me to change hotels... I submitted a comment request to change opening time as I can't figure out why it's so late!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Coralee G
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although the lack of some of the amenities listed are out of our control, we still appreciate it. Helena does have a fairly new lunch/dinner delivery service that will deliver right to your room! We will make sure our front desk is letting every guest know that as well! We are looking into changing the fitness center hours to be more accomodating to our business travelers.
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I normally don't sleep well away from home. This hotel was so comfortable and clean. You will want to stay longer! Bed and pillows are great! The in-room coffee even surpassed my coffee "snob" taste :) The only negative thing I could find was the over road trucks outside running early in the morning. That would not stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and look foward to seeing you in the near future.
Butte, Montana
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked a king sized suite and I was extremely impressed. The staff were very friendly and the front desk were prompt. The entire hotel was clean and very inviting. I found the internet station alittle slow. I loved my room as it was bigger than I expected. The shower had a ledge which I wasnt expecting. I would like to find out what type of mattress was on the beds as they were firm and the sleep I received was more than exceptional. I will be staying here again in the future. The only thing I noticed was, there should be a laminated card around the thermostat on how to operate it, as it was difficult to figure out and we were always picking cold instead of heat. The noise from the vents sounded like a dryer turning but other than that it was great.
The morning breakfast had everything and more to choose from. There was a staff member that made the waffles and was very polite.

Room Tip: I booked online on Choice hotels and I picked the third floor as it was quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your imput. It is true our green system can be a little tricky! We would be more than happy to give you the brand of beds we have, feel free to contact the hotel at anytime.Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great value for such a clean, new and friendly property. One of my favorite properties in Montana. I felt welcome and at home right down to the smile and fresh baked cookies when I walked in the door. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
We take pride in going above and beyond for all our guests. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so! We look foward to seeing you again in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Comfor Suites. It's about one road away from the busier area of Helena so it is not noisy at night. The rooms are very clean and spacious and modern. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was limited, but what you'd expect from this kind of hotel breakfast buffet - so it did the trick. The staff is very nice and helpful, they even called up shortly after I checked in to make sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again. I have shared yoiur comments with our staff. We always try to improve and make your stays the very best.
Thanks you