All reviews wading pool full kitchen ice maker separate bedroom free weights sitting area housekeeping staff home away from home awesome hotel excellent accommodations waffles would highly recommend this hotel king bed hot tub clean hotel excellent stay sausage
Reviewed January 2, 2012

my daughter and i stayed at this hotel for three nights during new years while we skied great divide. Wow! Awesome room, very clean, full kitchen, excellent bed, was blown away. This does not normally happen for me. Excellent water park and the hottub was amazing especially after skiing all day. All around dont have a single complaint. Free food at night and breakfast is a bonus!

Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Marc P
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Residence in Helena Montana just by the appearance on the outside and were so happy to discover that the inside was just as wonderful. For a low nightly rate we had a beautiful suite with a full kitchen stocked with all the utensils we would ever need to make our own meals. There was coffee, tea and even popcorn stocked at the kitchen table. They even had a box of chocolates as a Thanksgiving gift. I think perhaps that was only because we were there on Thanksgiving weekend but it was a really nice touch. There were handy hooks by the front door for coats which was wonderful. The room was very spacious with a desk for laptop plug ins. A unique comforatable couch and a chair were in the living room area that looked out over a field to the mountains beyond - gorgeous view!! This place is new so the bathroom was clean and modern (something that is very important to me), with a great wooden towel counter in by the tub which was extremely practical. Someone has really thought out little practical touches in this hotel. Although the hair dryer wasn't as powerful as I'm used to, it still did the trick better than those wall dryers. I did take advantage of the pool area as well. There's a nice hot tub and a cold pool that is only about 5 feet deep at the deepest end - it's just perfect for laps. Also, there's a fun little kids area designed specifically to keep toddlers to 12 year olds busy. They have a little waterfall type spot and other kid friendly items in that area and the water is a perfect temperature. The breakfast was great!! A wide variety - fruit, eggs, sausage paddies, oatmeal, cereals, make your own waffles...... ect. And there's a beautiful, large area to eat your breakfast in, with lots of natural light from the large windows and even big screen tv's. We just can't say enough wonderful things about The Residence in Helena. The staff, the location, the suite and everything thing in between exceeded our expectations - escpecially for the rate that we paid. I will always stay here when I return to Helena. : ) Two Thumbs up!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel and had a lovely view of fields with grazing deer and the mountains beyond - beautiful!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CalgaryDoodles40
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This hotel is very nice! Lobby area very pleasant and friendly staff.

The room was really nice- there was a separate living/kitchen area - the kitchen was fully stocked with plates, glasses etc and there was a really nice big fridge and a dishwasher. There is a nice closet - lots of storage space.

Warning - the maid arrived early - we were still in the room and when we got back she hadn't come back

The breakfast buffet had a good selection - the best on our trip.

There is a fitness center & an indoor pool

The location is a strange one - not near the town centre - which wasn't really a problem as there didn't look like there was much to do!! I could be wrong!

From my room I could almost see IHop!!

Hotel room was good but I wouldn't pick to vacation again in Helena!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cate019
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The hotel is well designed and very friendly. It still has that new feel and look to it. The rooms were the best I have stayed in recently in this price range. No complaints about the staff or food. I will have to travel to Helena again in the near future and I will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank John D
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three weeks in September and it far exceeded our expectations. The room was large enough for four people. It was exceptionally clean and had all the facilities we needed namely: a microwave and stove top, a dish washer, a dining and lounge area, two huge beds and a really nice bathroom. There was also a laundry room with very fast coin operated machines, so we returned home with no dirty washing. Much to our surprise the swimming pool and exercise room was included in the price. The excellent buffet breakfast was most welcome. It was enough to last us all day if we so wished. There was also coffee/tea on hand in the reception area most of the day and a small evening meal four days a week which we could eat downstairs to socialise or take up to our room. The staff were extremely friendly and always keen to recommend day trips. The hotel is in a very good location, surrounded by restaurants and stores, easy to locate and near the airport. I would highly recommend it for people who wish to view the various attractions of Montana.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple