“Creative tasty sandwiches”

Dining options: Takeout
Norcross, Georgia, United States
“Creative tasty sandwiches”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Helena on route between Yellowztone and Glacier. The hotel where we were staying recommended the Staggering Ox for lunch. The sandwich variety was enormous. The sandwiches were huge,flavorful and very filling. In particular the "heartbreaker" was terrific

1 Thank Marcia P

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MSG allergy sufferers beware”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

When I asked if anything had MSG, the man at the counter said, "well doesn't everything? Isn't' it sort of like salt?" I should have walked out then but decided I wanted to try it. The result was a migraine headache. The taste of the food was average and other servers were friendly but not worth the headache.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank gostlibrarian
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Unique place”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stopped by the Staggering Ox on my trip through Helena. I tried the Three Mile Island, which by name, suggests that it may be hot/spicy. It's anything but hot. However, it was very tasty and I would recommend it to anyone.

The athmosphere is a bit different. The layout is a bit different, as the restaurant seems to be in a space previously occupied by a store. The decor is a little bit of everything, from a cattle yoke to records hanging from the ceiling.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Markfromthe414
Helena, Montana
“Great Fun Sandwiches”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I love the ham and cheese or ham/turkey/cheese, It's simple yet the way it's put together in the barrel bread makes eating a sandwich fun. I will admit it can be a bit messy, and sometimes I have to use a fork and scoop out part of the sandwich and eat it like a salad until it gets down slightly so I can grab it enough so the insides don't fall out. All in all I love going here. The prices are competitive, and the atmosphere is wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Debbie S
Temecula, California
“lunch”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a very unusual place. the bread is baked in cans and the inside is scooped out and you can get it with dipping sauce. the French onion soup is so goooood

Visited May 2014