“Tries hard but fails...”

Silver Star Steak Company
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in Helena
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A rich, inviting atmosphere, an endless wine list, quality service and fantastic steaks, seafood, burgers, salads and more are the hallmarks of the premier steak company in Helena, MT.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'm not from Helena so I'm not sure what other options there are for steakhouses. This place is pricey and my cut of steak was fatty. The peppercorn sauce was more like gravy.

1  Thank loveshak22

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We came in early for drinks and appetizers and weren't disappointed. The Cat Nip martini was suggested by the bartender and was delicious.
Dinner was just as good if not better. The night we went they had a cheeseburger soup....it was lick the bowl good.
The steaks were perfect and wonderfully paired with a German red.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went to Silver Star for our company Christmas party, very disapointing experience!! We were waiting for the 10th member of our group to arive, when the waitress came to ask if she could take part of our table away, and "if" the other person showed up they could squeeze in with us. She didn't really wait for a response and took the end of the table away, making us very crowded. I told her that the 10th person was coming, was running late, and we had reserved a large table in case anyone brought a date and also because we had all of our gifts for the gift exchange with us. She put the table back, but made a big deal about it, it was noisy and very disturbing (the place wasn't even busy, it was only 5pm and there were plenty of open tables!!)

After that commotion....it was more dissapointments. It was difficult to get drinks ordered, she didn't check on us much after I told her to give us back our table. Towards the end of the night I ordered a Bud Light, they said they didn't have that on tap and brought me a mystery beer. I found that weird because 3 of my co-workers had been drinking it all night.

The appetizer we ordered was okay...crab & spinach dip was good but it just came with dry white crackers and melba toast. I ordered the baseball cut steak & shrimp, I didn't get my shrimp. The steak was okay, the potatoes were good, everything is way overpriced and the service sucked.

I'm glad that my company payed for this dinner, I would never pay for it myself.

1  Thank Bobbi S
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Food was definitely overpriced for what we got. I ordered the filet and it came perfectly cooked, but the presentation was lacking (just meat and overcooked broccoli on an oversized plate). They did have a very classy atmosphere, excellent servers and a very nice wine selection. If you're staying at the Best Western, you can get to the Silver Star without going out into the cold!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having the silver star cater our wedding was one less stress. They provided excellent food and there were many options to choose from.

Been to Silver Star Steak Company? Share your experiences!