“Hi line Adventure”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Siesta Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Havre
Siesta Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Havre
Basin, MT
“Hi line Adventure”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had gone to the CMR Wildlife refuge to see the Elk. Havre is about another hour and I have family there. We weren't looking for anything special just a nights stay. We went around & around with the lady at the desk whether should would allow my dog to stay. She finally agreed for &10more if we put our blanket on the bed for the dog to lie on so she wouldn't have to wash the bedspread.
The room was clean, bathroom better then other old local type motels I have stayed.

Room Tip: After all that the TV didn't work. Location is near the train, so it can be train noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for one night in July, 2012. Making the reservation via phone was fast and easy. Checking in was uneventful. But what a surprise when we opened the door. The decor was '70s (shag carpet, faux brick accents on a wall) but clean as a whistle. The room smelled lightly of bleach, which was no problem, and the bathroom was spotless. I have stayed in many chain hotels over the years, but the Siesta beat them all in cleanliness. It was quiet at night. There is a good chance I will be back in Havre next spring, and if I am, this is where I will stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank A K
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Even smelled clean when you walked in the door. The town was booked, and this was proabably the last place with room. Price was very reasonable. Yes, it looked retro, but it had charm. :) The carpet was probably new. Beds comfortable and it was clean, clean, clean. Refrigerator, microwave, and a TV, soap, but no shampoo, (was surprised by this, but was told that lots of the small family owned motels don't supply that anymore.) Breakfast was a muffin, juice and coffee, enough to get us on the road. I asked if all the rooms were like this and she said "yes". We will definately be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayne W
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is what a fine motel should be. After a dazzling day driving the old Highline (otherwise known as Route 2) through beautiful Montana, it was a treat to check into a clean, quiet old-fashioned motel with a friendly staff. The decor was retro, but it looked brand new. Some might call it dated, I call it classical. The beds even have the old-fashioned white bedcovers with the raised designs like my grandparents had decades ago, and instead of looking old it looked brand new, like we'd traveled back a few decades in time. The rooms are spacious, and they are equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. The town of Havre is friendly, and there is even a large supermarket less than a block away that carries everything. At the front desk the friendly manager told me all about nearby county fairs and festivals. A great place. In the event I ever find myself in that neck of the wood again, the Siesta is where I will stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

i could not believe how awful an experience i had here n i just got in the door!!!! call for reservations months ago. re confirmed two days ago. late check in. inquired about any other rooms available an was told they are booked. ok. stepped into office an an older women was sitting in,a recliner. I said hi an was here to check in. The lady looked at me an started getting mad at me for checking in late!! unbelievable!!! explaining that she should have given our room away an we should have called. which i did. so she started a yelling match with me. what pissed me off when she said YOU PEOPLE CAUSE GRIEF!!!! we people?? im an First Nation women from Canada travelling w two kids. she threaten to charge my credit car for two rooms and complained about me an my room booking. continued to blame me for losing $200 an saying she should have given away my rooms!! im so appalled by the service. never seen the room haha i demanded my credit info back n not to charge me. she then said she will do my refund to get me off the establishment!!! unreal. rude, un educated, racist staff!!! I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012
9 Thank canadianndn
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Over the past six years, I have stayed at this motel each time I have been through Havre. The staff that run it are always accommodating and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. While somewhat dated, the rooms have a fridge and microwave and the beds are qite comfortable.
The motel takes small dogs (under 20 pounds, on approval). Coffee, muffins, and juice are provided in the morning.
For those travelling via motorcyle safe parking is provided and there is a accessible hose for washing and bug removal. For the price, you cannot beat this motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OJM1276
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The decor is a little dated but the room was clean, clean, clean. The price I got was about 56 bucks. I would 100% stay here again for the price. The downside is there is no breakfast or laundry facilities, but the owners are very pleasant and accomodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business