“Just keeps getting better.”
Review of Signal Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Signal Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Signal Grill started in 1898 as a card room, brothel and bar and is the oldest ongoing restaurant in MT. It has focused on beef but under a variety of ownership has modernized with seafood, pastas and fowl. There are specials continuously and we source local products often. We serve wine and beer (80 wines-15 by the glass & 30 micro brews (mostly west of the Mississippi to Hawaii) and 5 drafts(all Montana drafts). During the winter months January-April we conduct wine tastings, wine dinners and movie nights on Wednesdays when closed to the public but advertised to our email list. We take reservations for any number and serve private parties for breakfast (everyday) and lunch (Monday-Thursday) with a minimum of 25
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've eaten at the Signal through several owners over 28 years. The menu is varied and fresh. There's always something new to try. I don't think you can beat the burgers; especially Amy's burger. Yum times 10! The steaks are done to perfection. I've never had to send one back to be "un-cooked" (I'm a blue-steak lover). The veggies and salads are crisp and flavorful. their hand-made dressings are superb.

2  Thank MontanaWinddancer

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food has gone downhill over the past few years to the point where I refuse to give it another shot. The last time my dad and I were there for lunch, there were only two other tables occupied and two waitresses. Despite the waitress to customer ratio, the service was SLOW and terrible. When the food finally did arrive - ugh...what a disappointment. The battered cod was extremely undercooked and really low quality (gross). When we finally saw the waitress again, I asked that it be replaced, but she couldn't tell me why the fish was such bad quality. I decided to go with chicken strips instead and WOW...what a mistake. They were inedible. Just one step about mystery meat nuggets.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My parents and I go here quite often it seems to be busy most of the time which that is a good sign. We recently had steamed clams, shrimp scampi, and seafood Alfredo. for not being near the ocean and often craving seafood this met my expectations. My step dad even let a tip specifically for the chef this is not typical for him. My parents also went back again and said the clams were just as good when we had them the few days before. I have also tried their pizza on Thursday nights. If you like a thin crust pizza and interesting toppings this is for you. I prefer a more California type pizza. I had the steak garlic sauce with fresh spinach and horseradish sauce. Very yummy. I would order the horseradish sauce on the side next time it did have a good punch of heat and I like hot stuff.

1  Thank mrlight999
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids under the age of 7) stopped in for dinner in route to Missoula. It took 15 minutes before our waitress took our order and another 55 minutes to receive our meals. And our waitress did not provide any service within that 55 minute wait. Luckily our kids are very patient and well behaved! Our burgers were good and the kids menu is fairly priced. But the wait was very frustrating.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stopped in on our way back to Missoula. Only two servers for a busy place around 7pm on a Tuesday night. As such, service was a bit slow. However, the salads were good and the meals were as well. Our chicken and steaks were quite good. We ordered dessert - some fruit cobbler and it was fantastic. Imagine our surprise when the waitress delivered our bill and stated she had comped our salads and dessert because of our long wait for food. True customer service.