“Nice amenities, clean hotel and great staff.”

Bitterroot River Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hamilton
Spokane, Washington
“Nice amenities, clean hotel and great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

This hotel was very clean and well kept. The location was great for us as we needed a place to stay on our way to Redfish Lake in Stanley, Idaho. The river is beautiful and the town has plenty of amenities for an overnight stay. The Edge restaurant and Sports Bar is very nice and the food is great. The pool is large and well maintained. This is a good place to stay over with kids.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

My husband and I just stayed at the Bitterroot River Inn and Conference Center in Hamilton, MT when we were in town for a wedding. Our room was exactly as promised, the bed comfortable, the pool was indoors and nice. I would definitely stay here again if I am fortunate enough to come back to Montana!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

I stayed here because I was travelling with my dog. There was no fee for him and seemingly no restrictions on size. The room was only $69 +tax and there was no pet fee. Granted, I stayed here on a Monday night in the middle of December when the hotel was pretty empty, but I thought it was a good deal for a nice hotel room. I don't know that I'll ever pass through Hamilton again, but I would certainly stay here if I did. The rooms were nice and clean, I had no complaints at all. In fact, as I write this from the hotel I'm staying in the next night, I am thinking about how there were 10 pillows in that room and only 3 in this one. It shows that the Bitterroot River Inn probably cares just a little more. The wireless internet wasn't strong enough to work at all in my room, but I didn't bother to ask them about it. It may have just been a problem that night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Danville, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

The Bitterroot River Inn is about 1 mile north of downtown Hamilton, adjacent to an undeveloped city park. We were with our dog, who loved walking in the park along a stream.

The room was amazingly clean. The Inn is about 10 years old but looks and feels nearly brand new. The spacious room layout was your typical floor plan with the bathroom right inside the door. A nice addition was the extra sink in the foyer. The TV worked excellently although the free internet failed about 9pm. The front desk didn't know how to fix it.

Free continental breakfast (including waffles) was available starting at 6am.

Solidly run, clean, pet friendly. Not much more to ask for on an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TreasuryGuy
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

Stayed here for four nights in early May while attending a friend's wedding. The staff was friendly. Rooms were quiet. Bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay here, and would, without question, recommend this as the place to stay when visiting Hamilton.

Make sure to ask for the WiFi password at the front desk. Once signed in, had no trouble accessing my email from my room via my iPhone.

Also, in addition to the complimentary Continental Breakfast, be sure to stop by the lobby in the evening for cookies.

The bottom line is that I was sad to leave Hamilton, in part because of how well I was treated at the Bitterroot River Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Central Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

Recently I visited Hamilton on business. Also brought along my wife and 3 year old daughter. We had never visited Hamilton before. We selected the Bitterroot because it is the only lodging in Hamilton with an indoor pool. In short, the people were polite, the log decore tasteful, and the room was more then adequate. . I almost selected another hotel, because some reviews written about the Bitterrot herein were harsh. But I took the referral of a business associate, and I am glad I did. My daughter loved the pool and hot tub. Also, when my daughter wet her bed (really, she had never done that before), I reported it to the front desk, and they were understanding and courteous; and the housekeeping changed her mattress along with the bedding.

• Liked — Indoor Pool
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arlington, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

My family of 4 stayed at the Bitterroot to be near by a family wedding. I found the place to be an odd mix of really good and plain old bad. The front desk people seemed bored and weren't especially helpful. The room was clean but impossibly hot, and the only why to cool down was to blast both AC units (making it impossible to sleep through the noise). The room reeked of smoke upon arrival (in a no-smoking facility) but the hotel was fully booked and there no other rooms to move to. There is no fan in the bathroom, which made for very humid conditions with 4 of us showering daily. The breakfast is a carb fest and not very imaginative, but the quantities are unlimited. The pool is fine, but happened to be jammed with small children when we were there. Good: comfortable beds, clean, spacious rooms. Bad: too hot, smokey, uninterested help.

• Liked — spacious rooms
  • Disliked — uninterested help
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Townhouse Inn of Hamilton
Rye Creek Lodge
Rye Creek Lodge
#2 of 8 in Darby
Time After Time Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bitterroot River Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!