“Perfect Evening”

Bella Valle Italian Family Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Description: We are an Italian Family Restaurant located at S. 3rd & Madison in a stunning 1905 Victorian house, just blocks from the beautiful downtown Hamilton Montana.
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first experience with Bella Valle. We had made reservations for eating on the patio but that had to be quickly changed due to the weather. They graciously accommodated us inside. The evening was perfect from the friendly greeting at the door to the warm, fresh baked bread out of the oven. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items. The portions were perfect and everything was cooked to perfection. Fettucine Alfredo with shrimp to chicken strips to tortellini were perfect. We had 3 kids with us and they enjoyed their food and the atmosphere as well. The desserts were to die for. Prices were very reasonable. We have added Bella Valle as one of our favorites when we come to Hamilton.

1  Thank Linda H

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I ordered takeout from this restaurant. I had not eaten there previously. I ordered the Uncle Jim's tortellini. My vegan fiance ordered one of their tomato and vegetable sauce based pasta dishes. I brought the food home and opened it right away, it smelled great. I put the first bite in my mouth and was so overcome by the salt level that I had to spit it out. I mixed the pasta around thinking maybe I just got a salty spot, but the entire dish was inedible. In addition the pasta was slightly undercooked. I like salt on my food, so I'm certain I'm not overstating the amount of salt in my food. I called the restaurant immediately and explained my experience, the person on the phone said that it was impossible for the food to be too salty because they "add no salt". I sent the food back with my fiance. They did refund my money ($17.00), but they didn't seem particularly happy about it.

I do not send food back often, I'm pretty forgiving. My fiance's dinner had very little, watery sauce and wasn't good. I would not eat there again.

1  Thank cdajen
Cinny8414, Owner at Bella Valle Italian Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

I have tossing around how to respond to this for awhile. I remember this very distinctly because it was the first and only time something like this has happened!
First and foremost, I sincerely apologize, having something like this happen is extremely embarrassing. Obviously a mistake happened in the kitchen, and it is a shame that is was a take-out order. If you had dined in with us I would have had the opportunity to fix the problem and make sure you left here happy. We are in the service industry, so of course that is our goal!

To clarify a few things in your review, the order was an Penna Alla Uncle Jim which is a red sauce with black olives, pepperoncini, artichokes, onions and broccoli. The other was our Tortellini with creamy spinach sauce; both vegetarian dishes. The complaint was about the Tortellini with spinach sauce. I am sorry if you misunderstood me on the phone, I did not state how it was "impossible" to be salty, I was just a little taken aback and flabbergasted because I honestly don't know how that happened. We make make every sauce per-order and salt is not added to that recipe at all. So obviously something went wrong in the kitchen and we made a mistake. Again I apologize. So sorry to now hear that your fiance did not like his either, when he came to return the food he had stated he liked his then.
We were not reluctant to return your money as much as we were just caught a little off guard not having anything like this happen before, so sorry for that miscommunication.
We appreciate your business and would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you. Next time you are traveling through Hamilton, please stop by and have dinner on us, so we can prove, this was truly a fluke, and that our food in not inedible.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a new family owned restaurant that we just came across driving by. The restaurant is off the main business area and is located in a n old Victorian style home...quite charming. The food was outstanding and was made to order. I had the chicken marsala and my wife had their speciality chicken. We were the first in the door so I am sure that is one reason why the service was so good. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you enjoy Italian food...Also I prefer to support family owned businesses and these owners really appreciated our dining in their establishment. Will definitely return when we are back in the area

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Wow, what a change! I was hesitant to eat here after my experiences with the previous restaurant located here, but I was pleasantly surprised! Stopped by just after Christmas. The portions are great, the price is right, and everything tasted wonderful. I was told everything is made per-order, and it shows. No brought in frozen here! I had the chicken parmesan, what was super tender, the breading was awesome, and the home made tomato sauce was perfect. I followed it with the home made tiramisu, and it was TO DIE FOR! I suggest visiting this place for the tiramisu alone! 5 stars in my book!

1  Thank Julia R