“All around wonderful!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had, friendly service and wonderful atmosphere! My only complaint is that I was way too full when I was done - so good I couldn't put down my fork!

1  Thank Cavedivingwoman
montymt, Owner at Sundance Cheesecake Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us such a nice review. And don't forget, if you don't have any more room...we serve all of our desserts to go, too! Thanks, from all of at The Sundance Cheesecake Cafe.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Every time I've traveled through Hamilton I've stopped into Sundance, and each time I've had a great experience. Last December I made a solo stop to grab a cheesy chicken burrito, and it was so filling I didn't even have room for the cheesecake -- which, as others have pointed out -- really is the star of the show here. If you're in town for a few days, make sure you ask what's on the menu the next couple days, since they may be out of the one you really have a craving for. The staff is very down-to-earth, as well.

1  Thank Jason A

Thank you for your wonderful review. Next time you are in our area, please stop in...and don't forget you can always take a cheesecake to go....a whole cheesecake or just a piece. Look forward to seeing you real soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We loved visiting the Sundance Cheesecake Cafe! The food is delicious, fresh and filling. A must try in Hamilton!

1  Thank SkiDash

So glad you enjoyed dining with us. We hope you'll stop in again on your next visit. And thanks so much for your nice review. Safe travels from all of us at The Sundance Cheesecake Cafe.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I had dinner here tonight. The food was awful!! We both ordered burritos that were supposed to be smothered and baked, neither were. What we received was a soggy tortilla filled with left over pot roast which had no seasoning at all. The spanish rice was simply white rice with tomato paste. We ordered nachos for our kids and found the crusty burnt pan scrapings from the ground beef. Worst food I have ever received! Service was just okay we had to ask for drink refills, and there were only 2 other tables. Chips clearly came from the store, I have a hard time believing the food is homemade and not out of a can. The cheesecake was good but I doubt I would return for it.

1  Thank 21Erin21

W e have tried to provide the best possible dining experience to our customers over the past 37 years, and are sorry yours was not to your expectations. We truly hope you will stop in and give us another try. Our Mexican dishes are prepared fresh daily, and we do not serve per prepared food from a can....never have and we never will. Please stop back in again, ask for Helen or Bonnie, and let them show you why our customers have enjoyed our food, and continue to dine with us for all these years.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and have been to the Sundance Café a couple of times now and have come to the following conclusion. Eat dinner somewhere else and come for the cheesecake.

I had the seafood enchilada and my wife had the fish taco. It was painfully obvious that everything can out of a can, heated and then plated. The enchilada was ok, but the refried beans and Spanish rice were mediocre at best.

The fish taco was no better. It was simply a few pieces of frozen fish tossed in some lettuce and wrapped in a store-bought tortilla.

But the star of the meal was the cheesecake. The chocolate, swirl was delicious. My wife opted for the 24-carrot cheesecake and raved about it all evening.

We will be back for desert, but better food can be found elsewhere.

1  Thank Dan S
montymt, Owner at Sundance Cheesecake Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Your posting was a surprise, as our customers repeatedly speak highly of the quality of our food and service.

We were very sorry to hear your meals were not up to par. For the past 37 years, we have taken great pride in preparing fresh, high quality dishes all made from scratch on premises daily. No “pre-prepared” canned food has ever been served.

We are, however, glad you felt our cheesecakes were “divine”. This is a compliment we receive frequently, not only on our desserts, but on all of our food. We have spoken to our staff regarding your comments, and it is our sincerest hope you will not hold this experience against us, but give us another try. And please, if you ever have a problem bring it to our servers attention so we may take care of it immediately. We value you as a customer and hope to see you again soon.