Comfort Inn University(Missoula)(Great Value!)
$171
$144
$77
$171
$148
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

Bel Aire Motel(Missoula)
$144
$135
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$75
All reviewsblackfoot riverchuckwagon dinnercattle drivehorseback ridingfly fishingkids campghost townchuck wagonmaster chefclay shootingwhite water raftingaerial adventuremeal plandining paviliondog sleddingspa treatmentsfloat trip
Reviewed October 30, 2014

I can not even begin to describe how amazing this resort is. Truly an experience. Everything we could have imagined for our Big Day was in place, and then some. It truly is the staff that makes this unforgettable. We look forward to making trips to Paws Up a tradition!

Room Tip: The Cliffside tents are absolutely spectacular. Beautiful, luxurious and some of the best sleep I've ever had!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
GeoffreyCampbell01, Manager at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Thank you for the review! We had a lot of fun making sure your Bid Day was perfect. All of us enjoyed serving you and your guests and making sure everything was perfect and memorable. We all look forward to seeing you again and are glad that you made Paws Up the place for your special day! We will see you next year. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 19, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Paws Up - and we had the absolute best time. Our one criteria that we agreed on was to do something we've never done before - and to be active. We searched for "glamping" experiences and found Paws Up. Being from NYC, this was a complete change of what we normally do, and we are THRILLED with our choice. We decided to split our stay into two parts: 3 nights in a cabin and 3 nights in a tent - and both were excellent. Waking up to the beautiful big sky country scenery was special, as was waking up to the view of the Black Foot River. In the six days we were there, we went fly fishing (a 'religion' of Montana), skeet shooting, hiking, white water rafting, horseback riding and repelling. The last two things I would mention is that the staff and food were amazing. Everyone was extremely helpful and patient (especially when it came to fishing and skeet shooting!). And the food was beyond fresh and delicious.

We highly recommend Paws Up and we hope to get back there soon!

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian W
GeoffreyCampbell01, Manager at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2014

Thank you Brian for the outstanding review! I am so happy your were thrilled with your choice for spending your anniversary with us. I was happy to share this review along with your very kind note with our staff. We loved taking care of you two and hope to see you again very soon! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed October 16, 2014

We took a family vacation to MT and stayed at Paws Up in July. This is a beautiful, unhurried spot although the main arrival sequence is anything but 5 star - call it a 3 star arrival sequence! Once in the swing of things at Paws Up, we found they were excellent with resort style food and drink, with well trained serving staff in all the restaurant and bar areas including our pavilion near our tents. For the price we expected that level of service for sure. Also excellent was the number of adventure options although some fell flat. The horse riding staff was some of the best we have encountered across several states! Likewise the gents who took us 4 wheeling made the trip safe but quite a blast - as fun for sure as Alaska. The gym was not as great as the spa staff was. The rafting trip was terrific fun and the water was frosty while the floating fly fishing trip was scenic but not much going on under the waves on that section of the Blackfoot River. Our trip to the skeet shooting range was not up to par at all - too little equipment worked as we reasonably expected. The rappelling was undermanned - only one person worked it. The General Store by the main dining & bar building was a drab stuffy boutique wasting space that could have been a killer general store of memorabilia, treats, boots and belts, imaginative and friendly - it was none of that. The tents were delightful - perfect for a good night's sleep, for reading, etc. and the Pavilion and staff there Rocked!! We voiced our concerns to the resort mgr team so they could fix things up for a much better experience for their next round of visitors - smooth out all those details - and we bet they will as they were caring and terrific folks!! We would go again!!!

Room Tip: We only stayed in the tents because it appeared fun and different - and it was! Maybe do like we did and request some dinner meals be not at your "camp pavilion" as you will otherwise eat breakfast and dinner there every meal and that may get a bit old.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank dl621

Thank you for the review. You are absolutely correct in that we care and will smooth out the details. Your arrival experience was an isolated incident and I am very sorry that your arrival sequence was sub-par. I also inspected the shooting range to ensure every piece of equipment is in perfect working order. I am glad you found the food, service and tents delightful. I am glad you wish to return. Please give me a call when you are ready to book again. I am confident your next stay will be flawless. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 16, 2014

Under a big Montana sky, I fell in love with The Resort at Paws Up.

It’s one of the few places where you can disconnect from the chaos of the world and truly relax, as I experienced on a recent visit. From the moment you step on property, you are welcomed by a local staff that is friendly, knowledgeable and who caters to your every need, making you feel right at home.

There are a variety of accommodations, from larger estate homes to luxurious tented camps. I opted for the tent – camping will never be the same! Beautifully appointed, I was spoiled by the heated bathroom floors, jetted tub, magically pre-heated beds and a camping butler who made my s’mores. Gourmet dining, only a few steps away from the tent, featured regional specialties such as bison and huckleberries.

The beauty of the resort is that you can do as little or as much as you want. Indulge with a hot air balloon ride, a deep tissue massage and a lazy afternoon in a hammock sipping your favorite wine. Or if craving more adventure, sample the endless list of activities that let you commune with nature or embrace the essence of the ranch. Channel your inner cowboy (or girl) and go for a cattle drive, try your hand at fly fishing or sporting clays, ride an ATV through miles of pine filled trails, or if you dare, rappel an exhilarating 167ft down Lookout Rock – my personal favorite!

Each incredible day was topped off next to the campfire, lounging under an endless sea of stars, listening to the sound of the Blackfoot River rushing below. Soul restored.

I would highly recommend The Resort at Paws Up to all types of travelers - families with children, multi-generational vacations, girlfriend getaways and honeymooners - there is something for everyone.

Breathtaking scenery, luxurious accommodations, gourmet cuisine, amazing staff.

What’s not to love?

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Krista K

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review! I am so glad you fell in love with the Resort at Paws Up. It is always our mission to make you feel right at home. I see you have found the distinction between camping and "glamping." We are pleased that you were "spoiled" by the luxury tents, butler service and pavilion dining. Lookout Rock is one of my personal favorites too. Thank you for recommending our resort to all types of travelers. There is surely something for anyone on our sprawling 37,000 acre ranch. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2014

From airport arrival through departure everything was perfectly done.

We stayed in a Meadow Home which was very well appointed with two bedrooms, full kitchen (stocked w/ beverages) two baths, full laundry room and private deck with hot tub. A Kia Soul was also supplied for us to use to get around the resort - which is huge.

Activities are plentiful (we chose trail ride, ATV & massages) on site with incredibly friendly and helpful guides. The meal choices were varied and delicious. The scenery, however, is what steals the show. Sitting out on the deck, enjoying a nice glass of wine with a fabulous meal - it just doesn't get any better.

I can't end this review w/o a few words on the staff - wonderful, professional, friendly, helpful. By the end of the first day the staff greeted us, by name, throughout the resort. Now, I will give that it was one of the quieter times, but it really made us feel at home. And there were no requests we made that they did not fulfill - and without hesitation.

Room Tip: The Meadow homes are in walking distance (10 minutes walk) to the restaurant & shop.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LOCommishNY
GeoffreyCampbell01, Manager at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2014

Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear you encountered perfection from arrival through departure! I would agree the scenery is what steals the show. Thank you for the compliments to our staff. I was happy to share your feedback with them. Thank you for staying at Paws Up and I hope you visit us soon in the near future.