“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Resort at Paws Up
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Greenough
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed Here For A Corporate Retreat. Had An Awesome Time.

Dani Was An AWESOME Butler And Couldn't Have Done A Better Job!

The SurroundIngs Were Beautiful, And All Of The Staff Were So Friendly And Couldn't Do Enough For You.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank gareth_hoope
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at Paws Up. Everyone here enjoyed hosting you and your colleagues for your corporate retreat and hope that you will come back again very soon, perhaps with family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Resort at Paws Up embodies the definition it's all in the details- the extended treatment of or attention to particular items (according to Merriam-Webster). From the moment I began the reservation experience, the level of service, commitment to excellence and legitimate sincerity was apparent. I planned this as a surprise trip for my husband's 50th birthday. The talented staff at the reservations and the concierge (Jessica and Stephanie) worked with me to draft a plan that would be full of surprises, fun, and accommodating. Little did I know all of the surprises that they had even for me. The team was extremely professional and this was extended and demonstrated upon our arrival at the airport (Danielle). From the moment we stepped into the shuttle it was as if we entered into a ride into a fantasy land for the next five days. Wonderful conversation and snacks on the ride back to the resort, being greeted like royalty upon arrival at check in (Travis, Stephanie) and then we entered the most beautifully appointed accommodations at Glasstail cabin. Every attention to detail was accounted for- it was as if we had left our home and transported it to Montana only this one was much, much nicer and cozier. ~1200 sq of beauty every nook and cranny was of rustic decor- not overdone. Simply beautiful, classic and cozy. I had spoken to Stephanie about a Happy Birthday sign for my husband, but they took it to another level. A beautiful coffee table book with a personalized note written to my husband wishing him Happy Birthday and welcoming him back to Montana (his birthplace) was awaiting him. In addition were a few other handwritten letters from the staff of the resort to both us wishing us a wonderful vacation to include anniversary greetings. The hot tub was already warmed and ready as well. Danielle advised that the restaurant was ready to serve or bring us lunch if we were ready to eat. We went to eat lunch at the restaurant and met Kevin. All of the staff was warm, welcoming and easy- yet had a very professional way about them. We learned that we would be the only guests at the resort for the next few days so we had all of the resort to ourselves and could pick anything we wanted at anytime on the menu. Astonishing! We had a wonderful opportunity to spend time with Paul in the restaurant, meet Adam one of the head chef's. The food is world-class- we had never had anything like it. For breakfast, lunch and dinner we were never disappointed. The gift shop would open just for us and Jennifer helped us pick out some very nice items to bring home. In regards to activities- my husbands was like a 10 year old on the fly fishing trip and that was largely in part to our guide Justin. He was a wonderful trainer and made us feel like rock stars even when we clearly weren't. Fly-fishing on the Blackfoot River doesn't get any better. Unbelievable! Justin also took us along with Paul B. on a fabulous ATV ride where we experienced beautiful meadows, wildlife and peace. It felt like the land was literally ours! Paul B. spent time with us on archery (now my new favorite thing to do) so very instructional, detailed oriented and encouraging. It was a great time. Our last activity was horseback riding where my husband's horse's name was Fifty- coincidence? I'm not sure, but again that goes back to that attention to detail of this place. Anytime we asked for something, it was provided. This resort was perfectly relaxing- evenings spent building a crackling fire, roasting s'mores or in the wonderful hot tub. My only regret is that we didn't stay any longer. I already sent my husband a calendar invite for next year...same time next year- Paws Up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kranew
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so very much for writing this comprehensive and glowing review of your experience at The Resort at Paws Up. It is very gratifying when guests take the time to write these reviews and also to mention so many of the staff who contributed to creating your special memories.

As you can tell from your stay here, everyone is proud to be a part of such a special place and eager to share its many attributes with guests. I am so pleased that we succeeded in creating a unique experience for you both and that you are looking forward to returning next year. Be assured that we will be waiting to welcome you back to continue your Paws Up adventures; just let us know and we will take care of all the details.
Madbury, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wow! We've traveled all over the World and stayed in the Best Resorts and Properties and this was off the charts! The setting was spectacular, the list of activities a mile long and the people who guide the trips and service the resort made the whole experience. Our Mnt Biking Guide Cavin took us on a custom ride as well as Rappeling - he was so friendly and cool. He showed us an Eagles Nest (2 baby bald eagles) and had us stop to watch an Elk Heard. Majestic is all that comes to mind. Our fishing Guide Stanford was a great guy. I caught my 1st Rainbow Trout - 19 inches and he was more excited than I was....his instruction was spot on. The people here don't feel like servants - they feel like highly educated friends. We are already planning another visit and would give this place 10 stars if we could.

Room Tip: We loved our Cabin! The views and privacy were perfect for us. No need to wear a bathing suit into...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
It is interesting that you have started your review with our favorite word - "wow!". Thanks so much for taking time to post this!

Our mission at the resort is to continuously try to create the "wow" in everything we do, and continue with little surprises throughout a guest's stay so that it just keeps getting better and better. That is a tall order, and I am delighted that we succeeded during your short stay here in soliciting a "wow!" reaction from you and your colleagues.

We would love to receive ten stars but landing a 19" trout is certainly a ten star achievement in our book too! Congratulations and please return again soon for more adventures at our unique and special ranch resort!
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff here are wonderful. They seem genuinely concerned that we enjoy our experience. And we did! From the moment we checked in the staff made us feel welcome. Adam and Stephanie helped to make it all go smoothly. The activities staff really made each event fun and memorable our favorites include: Zach (shooting), Hannah and Eric (trail hiking), Riley and Eric (rafting), Paul (equestrian show). They were all very knowledgeable and friendly. We were well-fed by all chefs and wait staff. The meals were delicious and well-staged. We really didn't know what to expect before we got to Paws Up, but would love to come back. The scenery and accommodations far exceeded our expectations. Thank you! Sue and Jamie Ashton

Room Tip: The Meadow Homes are well-appointed and private.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Many thanks for writing this review of Paws Up. I am so pleased that you and your colleagues enjoyed your short stay here and that the staff did such a great job of making you comfortable.

I always say that despite the undeniable beauty of the area and the incredible amenities that we are lucky to have at the resort, the true guest experience relies on the quality, skills and personality fo the staff. As you have identified, the team here is second to none and I hope you will return again to experience more of what Paws Up has to offer.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place is! We came the first week of May to a very off-season un-crowded resort. Man, were we the lucky ones!! The staff here is second to none and we have been to many wonderful places. They bend over backwards for you without being obtrusive. I want to start with the CEO Steven who was at a number of our events. He is very kind, warm, and generally interested that we had a great experience. My fishing guide, Sanford was top class! He worked his tail off and taught me a ton. Riley took us white water rafting and did all the work. We were frozen as this was early in the season. When we arrived at our pullout, there was our warm clothes and hot coffee. Paul the activities manager has a top notch staff! The accommodations were great. We stayed in one of the meadow homes and had someone service our hot tub, fire place, and food when needed. Next time, we want to stay in the tents! Those look awesome!!! The lodging manager Torey, guest manager, Adam, and concierge, Stefanie were all awesome. Have I used enough names? That means that we really got to know the people while here and we are only staying 4 nights! Our kids at 5 and 7 may be a little young but we will be back! Stay at this resort and you will not be disappointed! And last but not least, the food and beverage! Some of the best food we have had in a long while. We were so fortunate to have the staff and food to ourselves tonight! Paul and Allen made us feel at home and had a ball. You will not go hungry at Paws Up! We signed a lot of releases this weekend because we did some adventuresome activities. Someone great once said, "if you don't have to sign a release, it's not worth doing!" Thanks again guys, we hope to see you soon. Tim and Kelly McNair

Room Tip: We stayed in Glass Tail. Spectacular room over looking the valley. If you can, stay in the tents! T...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay at Paws Up.

As we enter our summer season, we are so excited to show off the beauty of the resort, and share it with our guests. As you can tell, the staff are just as thrilled to be here and help create lifelong memories.

I believe you have touched on most of the things that stand out as being so special about Paws Up, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again very soon for more wild adventures!
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our family traveled to the Paws Up Resort in Montana for Christmas this year - our first Christmas ever away from home. It was one of the best vacations we have ever taken! Paws Up exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff could not have been more friendly and efficient. We went snowmobiling, skiing, dog sledding, clay shooting, tubing, skating, horse back riding, on sleigh rides, and hikes in the snow. Each and every one of our guides was so knowledgeable and friendly. They also provided us with every bit of equipment we needed to make our activity fun and comfortable. The food was absolutely delicious at every meal. The huckleberry muffins are a must in the morning! And the property is absolutely gorgeous. Our cabin was the perfect mix of cozy and spacious. We even had a Christmas Eve visit from Santa who brought us each a stocking full of gifts! Paws Up thought of everything possible to make our vacation one we will never forget. We highly recommend the resort for Christmas vacation and our looking forward to visiting again soon ourselves.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Timber Home and it was absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for 2 adults and 2 children, and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michelle H
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for writing this wonderful review of your family Christmas at our resort. I am so pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you had such a great time here.

I don't think I had realized that this was your first Christmas ever away from home; what an honor that you chose Paws Up for that!

There is no greater compliment than when a guest decides to return again for more adventures, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back. The huckleberry muffins will be waiting for you, as will the entire staff and the magnificence of this "last best place!"
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just returned from my third trip to Paws Up. Three trips with my dad and two brothers, three different seasons, and each one an experience we will not forget. Winter at the ranch is gorgeous. Things slow down a bit, are a little quieter, and cause you to really appreciate how very beautiful and far away this "last best place" really is. Activities were great. No flymfishing, but snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and shooting sporting clays were all great. Accommodations at the Blackfoot Lodge were perfect. Food was consistently excellent. But, the thing that really sets Paws Up apart, and makes it so worth the "trouble" to get there, is the staff. I cannot do justice to describing how consistently superb every one of them is. I am blessed to frequently stay at some of the very best places on earth. I am happy to pay top dollar (which you do at Paws Up) for truly exceptional service and facilities. Nowhere that I have stayed matches the level of consistently exceptional, warm service that Paws Up achieves. From Paul, Kevin, Adam, Attrick, and Stephanie, to Justin and Jeff and Derek, and many more, including Stephen the new CEO, this place is like visiting a warm family that truly cares. We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Blackfoot river lodge and any of the Wilderness Estates are great. The Morris Farmhouse is really ni...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Zporsche
Stephen B, CEO at The Resort at Paws Up, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Wow, what a compliment! We live on a big (and awesome) planet and there are some amazing hotels and resorts scattered within its myriad regions, so thank you SO much for your kind and thoughful comments about the team and the experience that we provided.

As guests who have now stayed with us in every season, you know that the Resort at Paws Up takes on a different personality at different times of the year, but I like to believe that the one constant is the genuine and authentic service provided by the team of which I am so proud.

We ALL look forward to welcoming you back once again for more adventures in this "last best place"
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenough
Bear Creek Ranch
Bear Creek Ranch
#1 of 1 in East Glacier Park

Been to The Resort at Paws Up? Share your experiences!