I first want to say that my family and I had a wonderful time here. I also had really high expectations based on the website and their excellent pr efforts. I don't feel these expectations were entirely met.
The pros: the staff. Our camping butlers were great, the camp chefs were not only very skilled but super nice and accommodating. Most of the bell captains/drivers were very friendly although there was the occasional surliness. The activities instructors were all top notch, especially the cowboys who led the Ranching activity and our rafting and ATV guides.
Where they fall a little short is in over-promising in the luxury. They use the word very liberally here, and the very well-done and slick promotional materials and website would absolutely make you believe it. And it is really nice. The setting is nothing short of gorgeous. But my tent didn't look quite like the website...not as much furniture on the porch of the tent, not as clean, and the sheets were pilled. I realize this is pretty picky, but I feel like if any reader of this review moderates your housing expectation slightly, you will be a lot happier. If I could give Paws Up one recommendation, it would be better housekeeping. In the cabin as well we have had spotty cleaning.
This week we have also had staff ask us to post positive reviews here as there have been a few negative comments. I understand the request but it bothers me as well to be asked to do that. I hope they take this feedback into account to continue to improve this wonderful place.
All in all, a great trip. Just know that like many places, the marketing may make your expectations too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Paws Up is Montana's premier luxury ranch resort situated on a sprawling 37,000-acre working cattle ranch in central, western Montana. What differentiates us from other Montana resorts is our commitment to give you the most intimate, unfiltered connection with the natural beauty of Montana, while providing the most luxurious comfort possible. We are a Montana ranch resort offering first-class, personalized service, luxury accommodations (28 private vacation homes and 36 luxury camping tents), wilderness adventures and a myriad of amenities. The Resort at Paws Up is where families and couples make lasting memories. We call it The Last Best Place. You'll just call it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Resort at Paws Up reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Paws Up Hotel Greenough
- Hotel At Paws Up
- At Paws Up Hotel
- The Resort At Paws Up Montana/Greenough