“Save your money”

Fairfield Inn Great Falls
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed March 4, 2009

We are part of a military unit reserving 45 rooms. You would think they would appreciate this business. We had several people ask about refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, and were told they would put us on the waiting list. Then they turn around and call in a complaint to our home station that we were harassing them. Management has a few things to learn about customers and the definition of harassment. Only one day in and if the military wasn't paying for this dump I would go elsewhere. There’s one ice in the building on the 1st floor. They need to level this place to rid of the mold in the windows. Go to the Quality Inn, much nicer same price. Oh yea, wireless internet drops off often and just long enough so you cannot continue what you were working on. Save your money.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 21, 2008

Fairfield Inn, Great Falls, MT is located just off the 10th Avenue South commercial strip. You have to circle the block to get to the parking lot because of the one-way streets.
It meets the standard for this Marriott-brand hotel. It is a somewhat older design with darker colors and the sink is outside of bathroom (we much prefer their newer design like we had in Sparks, NV)
There is free unsecured wireless internet in rooms; free morning breakfast buffet and the price is right: @ $94 + taxes.
During the day, the front desk is helpful but the part-time non-managerial staff at front desk after 7:30pm was a little shaky.
Both the tub and sink had slow drains – seems to be standard at this Marriott brand.
The hotel needs better 24-hour management -- little things like a listing of TV channels in each room (there's a slow scroll which isn't very helpful when it's 5:58pm and you're looking for the start of a 6pm national news broadcast); laundry slips and procedures in the room; and a competent person at the front desk (not in the back room) 24/7 -- would help raise the customer service quotient of this place a notch.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Good basic accomodation for family travel. The rooms were clean and the beds above average with lots of pillows. Our rooms did not have a fridge or microwave. The free breakfast in the morning was OK and the wireless internet worked. The hotel has a small pool but the chlorine smell was quite strong.

There are many fast food outlets and a Sears within walking distance of the hotel. A gas station/convienence store and car wash are also close by.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I have stayed at this property several times over the past 2 years, but it conitnues to go down hill. The first thing that has always bugged me was the location, maybe it just me but it doesn't feel like the safest neighborhood.
This visit was the worst and the last time, when checking in the desk clerk was on personal phone call and after I stood there for about 3 minutes "listening in" on her phone call she finally put the call on hold and checked me in.
When I got to my room it had a very musty/disenfectant smell. It smelled like it had been a smoking room at one time and they had attempted to cover it up. The lounge chair had several burn holes in it and a large tear across the front.
The morning shower was the last straw as there was mold in the corners, needless to say I checked out and noted on my companies travel site to never stay there.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Hoseroller
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for business for nearly 2 weeks in May. The hotel is clean and modern enough for the moderately priced hotel. The problem, however, lies with management. When I stayed at this hotel the special olympics were in town and a team was staying at the hotel. This would have been no problem had their chaperones not gone out drinking at night leaving 40 SPECIAL OLYMPIC CHILDREN UNSUPERVISED UNTIL PAST MIDNIGHT. In what world is it OK to leave children alone roaming a hotel late at night! It was extremely loud!!! When I complained, management was clearly aware of the situation and promised that they would handle it. To my surprise the same thing happened the next night. The staff was totally incapable in dealing with inappropriate guests. The final straw was when I was awaken at 12:30 at night by a child yelling "I pooped in the pool" repeatedly. Wonder why the chlorine level is so high? This was the final straw. I checked out early the next morning and was moved to the Comfort Inn. I travel often for work and have never seen such mismanagement. I generally stay at Marriott properties, but recommend you skip this one.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I had to write about our experience, especially after reading some of the other reviews. When we went to check in, we found out that there were "teams" staying at the hotel. Big mistake. My personal opinion is that when they have teams booked, they should let the "non-team" guests know in advance. So, we are told there have been no problems with the young men, and our room is in a quiet ,out-of-the-way spot, and this hotel is known for how quiet it is. We get off the elevator and our room is directly across from the elevator. The room smelled musty and was in need of some upkeep and repairs including banged walls, a dirty microwave and coffee grinds spilled all over the desk. We had requested two queen beds and got a "suite" which meant we had to make up a sofa bed. The bathtub base was stained and towels were very thin. Around 10:00 p.m., as we were ready to settle for the night, the running in the halls, banging on doors and shouting began. I have zero tolerance, so I immediately phoned the front desk. The noise died down, but only temporarily. We were also "delighted" to find out our room was directly over the pool so until 11:00 all we could hear were screams and shouts of enjoyment from whoever was using the pool. Needless to say, we were very tired but at 4:30 a.m. someone starting banging on doors, on our floor, to wake up other people.
The continental breakfast would have been much more pleasurable if the adults with the "team" members would have had the decency to give up their tables so those of us who wanted to eat could have, instead of just sitting around shooting the breeze. When we checked out, I was very frank about our experience, and let them know I would not return. We have stayed in numerous Marriotts over the years, and recognize that some of the problems we encountered were not directly the responsibility of the hotel, but in the future, I will pay a little bit more money and ask a lot more questions when I am booking.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2008

The room was very comfortable, stayed with two young children. Hallway was a bit noisy, but not bad. The kids were so excited to swim - the chlorine level kept the swimming at a minimum. Everyone's eyes burned and coughing ensued. It's a closed-off indoor pool so not very well ventilated. Would have been a fabulous stay if it weren't for the pool issue. Great location, nice staff, excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family