“Worth Finding”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Calgary, Canada
“Worth Finding”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

this turned out to be a hidden find. Reading the mixed reviews we decided t o still book. A good decision, a little hard to find ie GPS showed the Greystone as 1/2 block away we just continued to drive and found it. Initial appeared to be run down but as sign said renovations for summer 2012. We had requested a renovated room and it was great, stone 7 brick walls,timber floor etc. Beds were soft with 7 pillows to choose from. Lots of security cameras 24/7 and lobby manned 24/7. Staff very helpful & offered all asssistance even offered to carry bags. Has an elevator to upper floors

Room Tip: ask for renovated room until all of motel is finished
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RG500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had thought I found a great place for about $70. When I got there the outside was not what I was expecting but when I got inside the people were great and the room looked great. I will not deny that the room had great decor. But under closer inspection I found a wad of hair in the tub basin, I also found hair under the pillows, found that the tissues in the tissue box were re-stuffed in there and that weren't any sort of conditioner and just one bar of soap. I was there for just a night so I decided to just sleep in the chairs, because clearly the staff cut corners cleaning and restocking this room. When I brought all this to the person at the front desk what did she do, she took my keys and told me to have a nice day. I was soo disgusted with my checkout service that I just left. I know there are many positive reviews for this inn. But it also seems that the negative ones all mention the lack of cleanliness, and if you looking into staying at hotel/inn the last thing you want to be worried about is the bed clean enough to sleep on.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
13 Thank Justin J

Travelers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

Edmonton, AB. Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Booking.Com has this thrid world country "hotel" rated as a five star, most of the windows are covered with plywood, had a reservation throught Booking ,Com and cancelled same as I entered the parking lot, went in and told clerk I was cancelling with out seeing room. This would not rate as a 4 star anywhere in North America, moral of story do not even pull up Booking.com as they are selling pure gargbage. Sad to see they will do anything for a $$$$

Room Tip: Book throught a reputable on line service, and make sure your credit card is not charged until you s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank George S
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I moved to Montana this summer and reserved a room at the Greystone. We were more than pleased about the customer service given, and our room was very nice and updated, with lots of ammenities like Free Coffee and "our favorite" Free Hi Speed WiFi! We loved staying at the Greystone so much that after trying to get a home rental that didn't pan out, we did not hesitate to come back to the Greystone. After all it is quiet, clean, safe and very affordable. The dog at the front desk "Zachary", well... he is special and loving and makes it just that much more of a friendly place to stay. You have to meet him, you'll fall in love. While in Great Falls, MT we will ALWAYS stay at the Greystone Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bignoteproductions74
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here 1 night during a 2 week trip to Montana. The rooms are completely new and renovated. The hotel is downtown, and has excellent security. We thought it was a good value and would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is coffee available very early, no breakfast, no refridgerator, but plenty of ice at the front...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ChuckBrooks
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I made a reservation at this hotel. Stayed here before when it was the Triple Crown and had great service. This trip was a nightmare!
Reservation was for a smoking room. Upon our late arrival (we had guaranteed for late arrival) we found that we were in a non smoking room. We called the front desk to inform them and they told us they had no other rooms except a king smoking room. I told them there was three of us and that we preferred the two queens we had. I aksed how far off the property my friend would have to go so he could have a cigarette. At that point they told us we would have to leave the property. I said no we would simply not smoke ---they then sent security to our room, threatened to call the police to have us evicted. We were dumbfounded. They said no smokers were allowed on the property - except they had just offered us a king smoking room. We will never go to this property again. We will not recommend it to anyone we know and will suggest that no matter what people go elsewhere. We werre also quoted a rate of $55 for our visit and upon arrival were charged $75. She said that the person who took our reservation has mis informed us - he was there and agreed he screwed up but that didnt ,matter. When we were issued a refund on my VISA we ended up losing $5.00 on the exchange...the whole thing was a nightmare/. Do noT STAY AT THE GREYSTONE!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank debbyash
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 11, 2011

While visiting family and friends in Great Falls, Mt. I came across this quaint little motel right downtown, "The Greystone Inn". We were greeted by the most loving doxie, I will never forget him "Zachary " - adorable.

What a surprise, When we went to our room I was blown away, I sure didn't expect to see hardwood floors, a fireplace, beautiful furnishing.

Our stay there was fantastic, the staff was more than helpful, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I cannot say enough, I will definitely being staying with them again. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room, hotel being remodeled
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple