“Comfortable room, pleasant personnel”

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We arrived in mid-June 2013 to find the city hosting soccer and softball tournaments, and most facilities booked up. We were pleased with the easy process of advance booking, and very glad we had done so! When we arrived, the lovely lady behind the registration desk told us she had reserved us a room in a quieter area of the hotel, because it can get busy and noisy when the sports tournament participants are there. (Since we are a little older, she figured we would not be one of the noisy ones!) We were pleased with the cleaning ladies' work, and very pleased with the restaurant, with good food and helpful staff. When we go back to Great Falls, we would be very likely to stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor area near the corner was quiet and pleasant. Families with children may enjoy being on...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Dear "Happily-Retired4344,"

Thank you so much for that review. We would love to have you back and are glad to hear that everything went will with your stay. Contact me next time, and we can do something special for you!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Great Falls

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Whoever designed this property's accessible rooms must either use a wheelchair themselves, or have a family member who does. The accessible bath has an easy and safe, over-sized transfer bench, hand-held shower. and almost too many safety bars to count. One thing I have never encountered before was a vertical "pole" at the entry to the roll-in, roll-out shower. It provided extra leverage and safety getting up and sitting down. Every hotel ought to have them. Our first-floor room opened directly onto the quiet lobby (and there was a Shriners convention at the hotel!), was large and easy to get around in, as well as being beutifully decorated. I found the staff to be helpful and professional. The dining room provided us with two great meals -- a steak sandwich (which was incredibly tender) and morning pancakes. We had a new server who was just learning the ropes, but was really trying hard. The visual highlight for me was the wooden bear scupture that towers over the lobby. I really knew I was in Montana!

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room, ask for the ground floor...the rooms open directly onto a quiet lobb...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Steve K.,

That is so great to hear! We will pass this information along to all of our departments, and hopefully we will see you next time you are in Great Falls. Pancakes are on us next time!

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and made us feel welcome immediately upon arrival. The bed was comfortable, however the bathroom was small an the shower challenging due to the fact the diverter valve was difficult to pull and it was a slow drainer.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank GlobalDaytripper
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Haverlandt,

We will be sure to pass your comments onto our front desk staff...They'll love that! We would be happy to take care of the plumbing in the room you stayed in. We will be sure to check for any plumbing issues upon check-out today and correct that problem.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

On July 9th, around 9:10pm, My boyfriend went to ask one of the front desk staff (Scott) with glasses and a little bit tan where the swimming pool is. My boyfriend is a very polite and shy person, obviously Scott sensed that. At first he stared at my boyfriend for 3 seconds pretending he did not understand him, with contempt in his eyes. And then he said " Yes, a big hole with water in it, it's right there just go around that corner", pointing his finger at that direction without even looking at us. I was about to bring up his attitude but my boyfriend stopped me. My boyfriend said thank you and when we walked away, I looked back, Scott was watching us with another guy outside the counter(in a red uniform, I think he works for hotel too), with satisfaction and victory in his smile and eyes. Well, Scott, I am glad we can bring some joy into the job you hate so much that you have to let spite out on innocent customers. Hope that makes your day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Chloe S,

Thank you for passing this along. I'm so sorry for the way our front desk representative made you feel. We will most definitely speak to our agent about the way he is being perceived by guests. Please know that this particular employee has always been very kind and reacts in a joking manner...I am not excusing the way he might have initially come off to you, but I just wanted to offer an explanation of his personality. From knowing him and interacting with him, I would think that he might have been joking. I understand that this is not the way he came off to you, and I apologize. Please let me know if there is anything we can do or you for the inconvenience.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Start on a positive bed was comfortable and we had a room across from the pool. But then: the room was not all the way clean when we got there the bathroom had been used (had new towels though). They did offer a new room but we didn't want to move but they sent someone down to wipe down the bathroom for us. The room was cleaned the next day but I found out the morning we left the stain (I thought) on the TV stand was Splenda or something. The pool was cloudy and we had to call the front desk to get towel both times we used it. Then we found out the guy we thought was watching some kids had a t shirt on that said pool attendant. The water slide (part of why we chose to stay there) was out of order the second day. The restaurant was really good. All in all the poorest in a vacation that included six other hotels.

Room Tip: I wouldn't until they update
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear "susyblue2,"

Thank you for passing this information along to our staff. It is very disappointing to hear that there were problems with your stay. I would love to discuss this more with you. Please shoot me an email, or give us a call, and I would be happy to see what we can do for you. We are following up on the items that you mentioned, and I truly hope to hear from you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in was ok it seemed as though the guy was not too sure of what he was doing but made me smile none the less. Went to the pub for a bite to eat and found one of the last tables available (very busy due to basketball game). Waited for a good 7-8 minutes for some one to acknowledge us even though the waitress walked by us twice. I then decided to go looking for a menus myself. Got two menus, decided on what we wanted got ready to order and then was told by our waitress that the kitchen was closed! Really, 9:30 at night when the pub is full? We kinda looked around at the tables around us withtall the food on them and the waitress said "ya they have been here for awhile and ordered some time ago, if thats what your looking at". Ok two drinks please and then we will be on our way. Found a Burger King down the road which by the way.....not good. So to bed we go. Next moring we wake up around 8am, watch some TV, shower and slowly get ready to check out around 11am. Knock knock at the door 8:45am its a staff member asking if we were checking out "on time" today?" my wife replied " that was the plan" the staff member says "oh ok honey, have a good one". Really, I mean really?????? I am not too sure if check out was 11am or 12 noon but regardless wouldn't you just wait until check out time or until the front desk has told you we have left rather then disturb guests in there room? I do not understand the reasoning behind this at all. Heaven forbid if you want to sleep in around here!

Anyways, the hotel has gone through some reno's since our last stay which is nice. Breakfast was good our waitress was speedy and friendly and breakfast was still available at 11am. wink wink.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear "BigDTrain,"

Thank you for the feedback. I just wanted to address a few of the items that you mentioned in your review...

We do have a very new front office representative that is still learning the system, but we are so glad to hear that he was able to make you smile during his training phase! The problems that you mentioned about the restaurant will be discussed between our managers today in a staff meeting. We will take the necessary steps to correct this in the future. Our restaurant does close at 9pm, but we certainly should not be taking 10 minutes to acknowledge our customers. Our housekeeping policy is that we do not knock on doors in the morning until 9am, whether it is a check-out or stayover room. The reasoning for this is that with an 11am check-out time, our maids would not be able to start until then, and that is not a sufficient amount of time to have rooms cleaned by 4pm. We do however have "Do not Disturb" signs if you ever want that privacy during your stay.

Again, thank you so much for passing this information along to us. This gives us an opportunity for some training. :-)

We would love to have you back again for a future stay. Please contact me, and I'll include complimentary breakfast!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Kids definitely had a fun on the Waterslide and in the pool. Good Food choices. Wings were amazing in the bar "worth staying" for. our room was clean. Hotel was clean as well.
Overall, Good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors if business traveler, Pool side rooms for sure if traveling with kids
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear "Roger D,"

Thank you for your review. Our wings are always a hit...Call me next time you come in, and I can include a free order for you!