“Check out is what time?”

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Check out is what time?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in was ok it seemed as though the guy was not too sure of what he was doing but made me smile none the less. Went to the pub for a bite to eat and found one of the last tables available (very busy due to basketball game). Waited for a good 7-8 minutes for some one to acknowledge us even though the waitress walked by us twice. I then decided to go looking for a menus myself. Got two menus, decided on what we wanted got ready to order and then was told by our waitress that the kitchen was closed! Really, 9:30 at night when the pub is full? We kinda looked around at the tables around us withtall the food on them and the waitress said "ya they have been here for awhile and ordered some time ago, if thats what your looking at". Ok two drinks please and then we will be on our way. Found a Burger King down the road which by the way.....not good. So to bed we go. Next moring we wake up around 8am, watch some TV, shower and slowly get ready to check out around 11am. Knock knock at the door 8:45am its a staff member asking if we were checking out "on time" today?" my wife replied " that was the plan" the staff member says "oh ok honey, have a good one". Really, I mean really?????? I am not too sure if check out was 11am or 12 noon but regardless wouldn't you just wait until check out time or until the front desk has told you we have left rather then disturb guests in there room? I do not understand the reasoning behind this at all. Heaven forbid if you want to sleep in around here!

Anyways, the hotel has gone through some reno's since our last stay which is nice. Breakfast was good our waitress was speedy and friendly and breakfast was still available at 11am. wink wink.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear "BigDTrain,"

Thank you for the feedback. I just wanted to address a few of the items that you mentioned in your review...

We do have a very new front office representative that is still learning the system, but we are so glad to hear that he was able to make you smile during his training phase! The problems that you mentioned about the restaurant will be discussed between our managers today in a staff meeting. We will take the necessary steps to correct this in the future. Our restaurant does close at 9pm, but we certainly should not be taking 10 minutes to acknowledge our customers. Our housekeeping policy is that we do not knock on doors in the morning until 9am, whether it is a check-out or stayover room. The reasoning for this is that with an 11am check-out time, our maids would not be able to start until then, and that is not a sufficient amount of time to have rooms cleaned by 4pm. We do however have "Do not Disturb" signs if you ever want that privacy during your stay.

Again, thank you so much for passing this information along to us. This gives us an opportunity for some training. :-)

We would love to have you back again for a future stay. Please contact me, and I'll include complimentary breakfast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dublin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Kids definitely had a fun on the Waterslide and in the pool. Good Food choices. Wings were amazing in the bar "worth staying" for. our room was clean. Hotel was clean as well.
Overall, Good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors if business traveler, Pool side rooms for sure if traveling with kids
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear "Roger D,"

Thank you for your review. Our wings are always a hit...Call me next time you come in, and I can include a free order for you!
Orland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although slightly dated this hotel has everything we look for in a travel hotel. Good staff, clean rooms, vouchers for breakfast, large rooms and close to the interstate. The staff in the restaurant were very good as was the food. If you like to gamble there is a small casino in the lounge and there is a Happy Hour. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear "Patfra2,"

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that we have everything you need when in Great Falls! Please contact me when you come back in the future, and I'll throw in a couple of free drink and casino coupons for you.
helena, montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I thought the rooms were spacious and clean. They were slightly dated, but still comfortable. I would suggest the purchase of new pillows. All pillows were lumpy and not that comfy. We ate at the restraunt for dinner and again for breakfast, and both meals were very good. The swimming pool was a little dirty, but fun. There is a small waterslide that was enjoyable. Overall, this was a good stay.I like that it is a pet friendly hotel, but I think $20/night extra for a pet was a little much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear "cwal6ft,"

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Good news..We actually are in the process of replacing our pillows! Your room just hadn't been reached yet, and I apologize for that. Our pet fee is $20.00 per stay, not per night. We will be sure to coach our team on giving the correct information on those incidental fees. Once again, thank you so much for your input, and we hope to see you back in the future. Please contact me, and I would be happy to do a complimentary breakfast for you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time because military base lodging but told me they didn't have vacancy. I knew this hotel had a swimming pool which my daughter enjoys and they allowed my pets which was good. What they do not have are cameras in the parking lot that work. One night while stating there someone broke into my car and stole mine and my wife's iPods, my GPS, my iPhone 5, and a few other valuables. Upon discovery, I looked up at the hotel building and realized I was parked right in front of a camera that was faced out toward my car in the parking lot. When I went to the front desk to report it and let them know that the camera facing my car in the parking lot should help catch the thief. She replied" oh those cameras don't work, none of the exterior cameras work. They are just mock cameras" When I had the cops come out when I made a report they relayed to me that there have been quite a few vehicle break ins in that area and that it wasn't the first vehicle break in at that Holiday Inn. Not to blame anyone specifically, it kind of makes me think it may have been someone who is employed there because they had to know those cameras didn't work. With that said, make sure you have good insurance if you stay at this hotel. This has to be a safety hazard.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank keggraham1110
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear "keggraham1110,"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can understand how frustrating and disheartening it would be to have personal belongings stolen. We apologize for the loss of items and hope that all of them are returned to you and your family. The cameras that you saw outside are monitoring our employee break areas. Unfortunately we do not have cameras that monitor the parking lot. We appreciate the feedback and truly hope to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

Colstrip, Montana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff here is great the rooms are clean, but when I stayed here with my son the last part of april the pool was very dirty several times while swimming we found big strings of hair in the pool and strings of hair on the floor by the pool that someone had taken out of the pool the hot tub water was very dirty too. It was very disappointing as the pool is one of the main reasons we chose to stay here. The restaurant had great food as always and the staff was excellent

Room Tip: we have always gotten a good room here on any floor no noise or problems with the room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear "Michelle C,"

Thank you for your review. I apologize for your experience in the pool. Please know that we have hired extra staff to properly monitor that area and the cleanliness. We appreciate the feedback and are so glad to hear that everything else went well.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really from a holiday inn perspective overpriced rooms and worn. It needs major work to get to a modern holiday inn stnd. Plus- if you are looking for a place with nightlife bar, good bar staff this is the place. Oh, rooms are nice. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2013
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear "Seattleaviationfella,"

Thank you for the review. We really do appreciate the comments about the bar and the nice rooms. Renovation is a constant process at most properties and is definitely something we continue to do as well. Within the next year, we will be remodeling our guest rooms with all new decor, carpet, and vinyl. Thank you for the input. It's always good to know what we can improve upon from a guest's perspective.