“OK hotel good service”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
cochrane
“OK hotel good service”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed for one night passing through Great Falls. Overall impression: a hotel that would not hurt from renovation, but under good management. For it's age and condition, they're doing a fairly good job maintaining it. But I felt as if I was overpaying for the room a little, because it didn't feel so clean being older (but I wouldn't say it was dirty). Great service all around when booking and staying there. It seems everyone was going out of their way to please us as hotel guests. I bugged the front desk with different questions, mostly about local tourist attractions etc, and they were always genuinely nice and enthusiastic (especially Seth). Great service and the restaurant and the food was really good to my taste. Our children enjoyed the pool and bouncy castle a lot. However, we didn't like the beds in our room (which had 2 Queens) and prefer a cleaner/newer hotel, so if I'm ever back to this city I would definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for the concerns and the nice comments. It's unfortunate to hear that you will be staying elsewhere when coming back to Great Falls. We truly would love to have you back. Just a couple of quick pieces of information...We do have king rooms available, and we certainly can place you in one if that room type is available for your dates of stay. Also, we have plans scheduled for the near future for updating our guest rooms. I hope that you will be back, and please call me if returning in the future.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is probably the last time I will have stayed at any hotel in this chain. The hotel staff was friendly and though the cabella's-like game mountain is weird, it's Great Falls. Opening the covers to find a bed full of short black dog hair, is a deal-breaker however. If the job isn't to provide clean sheets, what is it?

• Stayed August 2012
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for the review. I have passed this information along to our housekeeping supervisor. This is definitely not a normal practice for us, and I'm so sorry.
Big Sky, Montana
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Holiday is definitely dated. But, the rooms have been updated. The staff was very friendly. And, they had a FANTASTIC happy hour. Make that happy hourS (it's 4 hrs!). The food was pretty good; except the blue cheese dressing (watery; yuck). And the bar was clean/fun.
The evelators are S L O W. But, my room was directly across from the elevators and I didn't hear them all night. I did hear my neighbors, but it was regular for a hotel. The room: It had a great flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, coffee pot. everything pretty standard. Negatives: the pillows were lumpy. All eight of them; big time. The tub plug didn't open; had to prop it open. The phone by the bed didn't work (I reported it; they were very positive and thankful for the report). The towels were VERY worn; frayed ends; paper thin. They really need to be updated. The blow dryer in the room was tough to use because it was mounted high and the cord was very short. Next time, I'd bring my own. The amenities were "bath and body" so that was nice (except the generic nasty bar of soap). In this scale of a hotel, I usually get a real coffee mug and/or glass. Not here. All styrophome (sp?) and plastic. But coffee and powder creamer was nasty so I didn't use it anyway. Great lighting in the bathroom with plenty of counterspace. All in all: there are some pluses and there are some minues. Thus, the average rating. It wasn't horrible and I highly recommend going down for a nightcap. I'd "probably" stay again. Although, honestly, I'd probably pick the HI Express or the StayBridge.

Room Tip: I'd ask for an upper floor with a view of the city/river.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your honesty. We try very hard to exceed expectations in every area of our guests' stays, and your input helps us in making certain things better.
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just stayed one night on route back to Canada and flight home. Price was reasonable at check-in and room was very spacious and clean with very comfortable beds and choice of pillows. Hotel is a good location for interstate and easy to find. Although hotel was busy and few rooms were available, it was quiet at night. Noisy air con is a minus point though. Indoor pool is popular with families.
Some rooms are arranged around the indoor pool, which obviously generates a lot of noise. It didn't spoil our stay as there is a strict enforcement of pool closing time at 10.00pm. If you are wanting some quiet time during the day it might be best to ask for a room away from the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from pool if you want a quiet stay.
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the response and the nice comments. Would you happen to remember the room number that you stayed in? I was just curious so that we can attend to the A/C unit.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family recently stayed at this hotel. Here are some of our Likes/dislikes about this particular Holiday Inn. Things we liked...check in/check out was fast. All of the staff that we encountered were very friendly. Front desk staff always greeted us with a smile and a "how`s your day going"? The 24 hour snack shop was well stocked with things like pop,water,milk,soup,cereal,chips,candy,etc. There was lots of hot water and the water pressure was very good. This hotel is pet friendly( 2 paws up for that). The rooms are very spacious and had a microwave and fridge. The hotel was very quiet,even though they were fully booked during our stay. Ate lunch at the restaurant twice. The food was ok. Things we didn`t like....Our first night at the hotel,11pm and i had to go to the front desk and ask for clean bedsheets because i found hair (about 5 in total)on the bedsheets. Soooo gross!!!! The room was dusty in certain areas. The hair dryer in our room didn`t work. When we got in the shower it took a long time for the water to drain from the tub. While we were showering the water in the tub would rise about 1/2 way to my knees. We brought this to the attention of 2 different people but the problem was never fixed. The fan in the bathroom didn`t work either. I probably won`t stay here again....and won`t recommend this hotel to anyone. I wanted to like this hotel but the hair on the bedsheets and the tub not draining properly kind of ruined it for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. First off, we're glad to hear that there were a lot of parts of your stay that went well...from the front desk staff to our snack shop, etc. It sounds like there were a few maintenance and housekeeping issues with the room that could have been remedied while you were here. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience....Your comments have been passed onto our management staff and have been discussed to prevent this from happening in the future. We truly do hope you will stay with us again. Please contact me if ever coming back in the future, and I would be happy to do something for you.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed on our way through to Canada and had the most amazing experience. The rooms were large and very clean, even though it was a pet room you couldn't smell that any pets had been there before. The food in the hotel resturaunt was amazing and reasonably priced, the staff was attentive. My children had a blast in the pool with the water slide and the bounce house. It was a much needed respite in the middle of a very long drive. Very military friendly to boot. I would absolutely recommend my friends stay there and hope that we ourselves get to stop by again one day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kaytiwilburn
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Wow! What a great review...Thank you so much for that. We absolutely hope to see you again on your next trip back!
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stopped here on our way back to Canada and got a great deal on Hotwire. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms a good size. we were a little concerned with the location but found that it was easy to find off the interstate and gave us easy access back to it also.
The pool was nice and refreshing although very busy, there was also people with glass within the pool area. which one of my friends advised the front desk but no one came to do anything about it.
Our Air Conditioning played up during the night also, which meant our room heated up pretty quickly we mentioned this to the front desk in the morning and this was handled by the front desk staff in a professional manner and we were happy with the outcome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank minicroots
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
It's great to hear that you enjoyed our property! Stop back and see us again in the future.