“New food choices available!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mongolian BBQ

Mongolian BBQ
Ranked #102 of 185 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: Asian, International, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Sweetgrass, Montana
“New food choices available!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you haven't been to the Mongolian BBQ place in the Target shopping center lately, you probably don't know that they now have a menu (instead of just the buffet-style option of preparing your own bowl and sauce to provide to be cooked in front of you).

In addition to the standard egg rolls and spring rolls, they also have some soups and jasmine rice dishes. These must be fairly new additions because they were very interested in feedback on what I thought (they were also kind enough to allow me to order one egg roll and one spring roll so that I could try one of each, even though the menu offers them in pairs).

But honestly, the reason this place is one of my favorites in the Great Falls area is because I can go and fix my bowl the way I like it. Patrons are also allowed to choose what size bowl they want to fill (small, medium and large), and cookies as well as a few fruit choices are also available as you go through the line to fill your bowl.

And while other reviewers have mentioned poor service (although they may be referring to the place pictured, not the place actually located at this address), I think the service is more than adequate for a serve-yourself restaurant. You are seated and your drink order is taken (and now you are given a menu too). Typically, while you are fixing your bowl the server will bring your drink and the rice and egg soup. Then the server checks back after you are seated with your bowl, and may check in again if your glass is empty or before bringing the check. Whether I am dining alone or with company, I don't find it necessary to be interrupted more than that. It's not a 7-course meal, it's a typical Mongolian BBQ place!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Crissy B

“Poor poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Server watched us from the kitchen for several minutes...until someone else came in....then tried to seat them first till they said we were first...still took their order first....only one cook....out of rice and soup at 5:30pm...and our scatterbrained server really needed pants that fit....will never go back...piss poor service...piss poor server (yes only one)... And that freaky motion activated cat toy at the register sealed it...since a cash tip wasn't warranted...here is my tip to the server...pull your pants up and learn a little customer service....ugh!!!!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Psylintpartnur
Box Elder, MT
“Oodles of Noodles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Pros: The best Mongolian noodles in the area. You have a wide variety to choose from in reference to the proteins and vegetables as well as noodles. It is a small business, and the male owner is very humble and accommodating. I appreciate the hard work, the awesome food, and fully support small business owners.
Cons: The rice served with meals sometimes tastes old, I know the female owner keeps the children in the back and that may be a little too much on the plate for her to keep up with but I admire the hard work. The service can be slow on some days as well.

Visited November 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Likeable despite the shortcomings.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

As bauman147 said, the picture is wrong for the address. I'm reviewing the Mongolian BBQ in the strip mall that bauman147 has the picture of.

We stopped in for a late lunch/early supper totally on a whim as we drove through Great Falls. There was nothing to write home about as far as ambience and service was concerned, but we enjoyed the selection and the food. As another reviewer said, you select your size of bowl and make one trip for the price. That works well for us as my wife is a light eater and buffet prices are rarely good value for her. I was able to fit a very filling meal into the big bowl.

We got the impression that this is a family business run on a shoestring but we're willing to overlook some of the shortcomings this brings with it if the food and value compensate. It scored a "Yes" on our "would we return when in the area again test".

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank another-ol-phArt
Santa Maria, California
“Careful what you choose”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We had visited this place previously and loved it but today we had a different experience. The restaurant looked tired, not at all kept up. The booth we sat in had a sinking seat and shaky back. Most of the food looked okay but we chose the faux crab and it just didn't taste right. Nobody is sick yet but we aren't going far from home.

Visited July 2013