“Awesome pizza!!”

MacKenzie River Pizza Co.
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Transporting you to the very heart of the Northern Rockies, the casual, rustic atmosphere with unique Montana Lodgepole furniture, stunning panoramic canvas and historic photographs sets the tone for distinctive, creatively prepared food served by vibrant employees renowned for passing their upbeat attitudes on to our customers. The MacKenzie River menu features an incredible array of delectable dishes, always flavorful and fresh, and served up in heaping portions. The acclaimed gourmet pizzas are offered on a variety of crusts – sourdough, natural grain, thick and thin – with toppings from classic pepperoni to pesto, ricotta, and sun-dried tomato. With nearly two dozen pizzas on the menu, you are bound to find at least one you’ll love. MacKenzie River also offer hearty sandwiches served warm on fresh-baked bread, full and half-sized salads, pastas that will wow your taste buds. You will find everything from Pulled Pork Nachos and Buffalo Chicken Mack n’ Cheese to a fresh Cobb Salad, housemade soups and Wings. Be sure to save room for the Mack Lovin dessert, gooey chocolate chip cookies topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce; it’s great for sharing. To complement the menu choices, select from a variety of microbrews and fine wines.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Thought I would follow Tripadvisor's recommendation and it was right one the money. Great service, awesome pizza - all for a reasonable price. Waitress was prompt with our order, restaurant was very clean and everyone was very polite. Great place!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went there for something to eat on the go. I didn't see a menu, and I sat on a bench waiting for somebody to wait on me. People were not friendly, and since I was walking the river trail, I wasn't dressed in street clothes, but sweats. I felt very uncomfortably there, and the pizza was so spicy I couldn't hardly eat it.

1  Thank Olivia G
grgfood, General Manager at MacKenzie River Pizza Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. I am saddened to hear of your experience. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to discuss this with your further. If amenable, please contact me, Steven Lesiak, at the restaurant: 406-761-0085. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Staff are very friendly and helpful with suggestions. The food is excellent. We eat here every time we come to Great Falls.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had BLT and pepperoni pizzas. They were average. Service was friendly but slow. Not sure why this is ranked #1!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday at around 2pm. It was not busy in the restaurant, yet the service was still slow and not good. The waitress never smiled and was very untidy. I felt bad right off the bat for recommending we eat here. It took a long time to order drinks and even longer to get them. Our food took forever to come out and was not the best, or hot when we got it. Wings were cold and so fatty we couldn't eat most of them, and when we mentioned it to the waitress, she said "Ok". Still charged full price for something we couldn't eat. The salad wasn't all fresh and the "bacon" was shaved ham? Some of the food was ok, but not spectacular or memorable for being good. I was very disappointed as I have eaten here on numerous other occasions and have had excellent food and service. Im not sure that we will return, and if we do, I will be making sure that if it is as unsatisfactory as this last time, I will be speaking to the manager.