“We'd go back.”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
A TripAdvisor Member
Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice place for the money. Hot tub was not very hot and jets were seemingly not putting out. Breakfast was great. Hotel was in a nice location. Last time there it was a very noise place as they had a convention, so we got our sleep this time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwheritage, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I am glad to hear you liked the location and breakfast we have to offer. We do experience conventions that get very loud and we always try to inform our guests upon check in when we have these events. I am sorry to hear about the hot tub not being the right temperature and the jets not working properly. I will be sure to let our maintenance staff know so we can get that problem fixed.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Overall it was a nice Hotel. Lounge staff were excellent and freindly. Supper meal was Poor quality but Breakfast was good. Hot tub was dirty and not very hot and did not work properly If you are looking for a pool for swimming this is not for you. Great for small kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwheritage, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us some feedback. I am pleased to hear you thought the overall hotel was nice, the breakfast was good, and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear super was not up to standard. I will make sure the cooks and restaurant staff are aware of the poor quality of food. I will also inform the maintenance that the hot tub was dirty and not warm enough. We hope to see you in the future so we can better accommodate your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel was nice, Pool was cool and kids couldn't play in it for long before they were cold. Hotel seems to be built like a barn and is very loud. We were traveling with another family and the check-in staff we able to get us on the same floor (but over a couple hundred feet apart so we couldn't hang out or plan next day’s activities at night). Hotel was clean which it tops in my books. You know what you're getting with BW. Breakfast tickets at the restaurant were inconvenient as service was slow due to volume of people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I apologize for the temperature of the pool being colder than normal and the loudness due to the high ceilings in the pool area. I understand being next door to the people you are traveling with can make planning activities much easier. On this particular night we may have been full to where we could not move any rooms around because we always try to move people closer to each other upon request. I am sorry to hear the restaurant service was slow because there was not enough staff at the time to help out. Its good to hear the room was one of the cleaner rooms in your books, we have a great crew in the house cleaning department. I hope you return so we can try to make your next stay a more enjoyable with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Front desk placed seniors on a youth Baseball team floor. They ran and banged door till 1 am..Three request for night man to quite them down while parents enjoyed the evening in the Tavern. Night mgr did come up three times but ruckus would start up as soon as he left.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwheritage, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I do apologize that you were put in that position and I will work with my staff to ensure that we do not repeat this situation. I hope that you will stay with us again to give us the opportunity to provide you with superior service.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This was a bit of a splurge after a string of cheaper motels left us longing for home. We had a pool view room which overlooked their indoor pool area. With high quality furniture and indoor landscaping it felt like a much more expensive room. My kids loved the pool and it was very relaxing to sit on the walkway outside my room overlooking the pool. Everything felt high quality from the beds to the bathroom fixtures. We liked it so much that we are staying at Best Western for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am glad that you and your children enjoyed your stay. Our pool area is a great place for gathering the family for a nice, relaxing evening.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a wonderful hotel. And would stay there again.

We arrive 2 mins before the actual check in time and were informed that our room was not ready. There was no offer of a room upgrade or any other options seeing we are platinum members with this hotel Chain and one perk of our reward level is a room upgrade if rooms are available. We were sent away and told to come back. We did have to eat so went and did that. When we arrived back we mentioned our disappointment that the room was not ready and were given the room upgrade like we should of been. This person didn't know why it wasn't offered in the first place.

Pool/hot tub: we had a room on the main floor that we could access the pool area from our room. Pool and hot tub area were clean and beautiful. Pool was cool until you got use to it

Breakfast: this is not a buffet style breakfast, you go to the attached restaurant with certificate and are given a menu that shows your food options. There were a few options available but you could upgrade and use the certificate for $2 towards and omelette. The $2 is not sufficient enough off of the price considering the plated food options are more then likely priced at more then $2.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I do apologize about the fact that you were not offered an upgrade the initial time you came in to check-in. I will meet with my staff about making sure that we offer those immediately, if they are available. I hope that you will return and give us another opportunity to provide you with the superior service experience that we strive for.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, including my most recent stay this August. It is at a great spot, with easy access to 10th avenue.

Rooms are clean and seem recently updated. Mini-fridge is a plus, as are the coffee makers (although more hygienic one cup makers are a little slow if trying to make cups for more than one person....good ole 4-cup machines are more practical and I kind of wish they were still present in this hotel). But any coffee is better than no coffee, so not a huge problem really.

I like that there is a coffee bar and casino right in the hotel, too!

The person I traveled with smokes, and this hotel has easy access to outside due to so many entrances to the hotel. That is a plus for them.

Breakfast coupons are a plus and I find the six meal choices more than adequate. They get you through quickly in the restaurant, opening up more seeing if necessary.

Wireless Internet is very slow and often wouldn't work in the room. However, if you have a mobile device sitting in the restaurant, casino/bar, or business Center solved this problem.

Pool area is great, although for as busy as this hotel is the hot tub is small. Also, it is hard to keep up with towels on the pool area, so I recommend just bringing one down from your room.

As I said, I have stayed here many times and my only complaint about this stay is that on my third night, when the pool area closed at 10 (which I knew would occur) the fellow who came to drain the hot tub seemed very annoyed we were in there. There were only three of us left in the hot tub and he didn't politely let us know it was closing or that it was time to drain. He just came up and gruffly said "it's closed". That's it. I don't mind the pool closed, but I feel there would have been a more appropriate and kind way to let us know. Just something to think about for future staff.

I would stay here again, most definitely.

Room Tip: If you smoke, request by entrance O or P...there is an outside seating area by P!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am glad that most of your experience was good at our hotel. I do apologize for the gruff nature in which you were asked to vacate the pool/hot tub area, and the speed of the wireless internet that you encountered. I do hope that you will stay with us again, and give us another opportunity to provide you with the superior service and amenities that we strive for.