“Perfect for overnight stay”

Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Maroochydore, Australia
“Perfect for overnight stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Were driving from Glacier National Park to Yellowstone. This was a good place to break the journey and we were able to visit the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center whilst in town.
The hotel has free parking and rooms were spacious and clean. Coffee & tea are provided I would not recommend the breakfast or coffee here, even though it is included.
The value for money was excellent and I would stay again. Be aware there was no elevator, so if you prefer the ground floor, request this when making your reservation. We had to carry our bags up to the first floor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Calgary
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Great Falls during a summer road trip through MT. The location was convenient for highway driving and easy to find. Rooms were spacious, clean, and updated, and beds vety were comfortable! Free breakfast was great - fruit, coffee, pancakes, sausage, bagels... bit of everything! Staff was helpful and friendly. Great stay, would recommend.

• Stayed July 2011
Saskatchewan
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Hotel was very clean, newly renovated rooms. All the staff was friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was outstanding. Convenient location to shopping and tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2011
Calgary
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel was Ok for a two night stay while on our shopping excursion to Montana. The pool is very small and we couldn't get near it because of all the kids screaming and hollering each evening. There were a lot of sports teams staying there so they took over the spa/pool area. Surprisingly though, the room was very quiet.

Check in went very smoothly and the hot breakfast was probably the best we've ever had at a hotel.

The room was clean enough but the bathroom very tiny where the two of us couldn't squeeze in there at the same time and the sink tap is not long enough to hardly reach the sink basin. We didn't receive a replenish of coffees for the second day and I had to call to request more. Also, there is no safe in the room.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here June 30-July 3, coming from Calgary Alberta. I will break this review up into a few different sections, Check in/out, Rooms, Service, Amenities, Food, and booking with Hotwire.

Check in: So to start off, check in was really quick and easy. I booked through hotwire (stay tuned for more info about that...) so they required a credit card to be on file, gave that, got our keys and were off to our room. Check out was also extremely painless and quick.

Room: Walked into the room and was quite impressed. It was pretty large, air conditioned, 2 queen beds, a chair, a desk and computer chair, dresser with large new tv, and a fridge/mini bar area. The beds were quite comfortable, the tv was really nice and clear, the fridge was nice and cold. We also had no problems with the A/C through our trip. The bathroom was a bit small, but still manageable. In the rooms they had body wash/shampoo/conditioner dispensers, instead of giving the little bottles, which I enjoyed.

Service: Overall, I thought the service was pretty good. I woke up at 6 or 6:30am in the morning to an awful beeping that I couldn't place. After ransacking my room looking for an electronic device I found it was coming through the wall. I called front desk, and he said they would send someone down soon to take a look. I heard someone knock on the door next door, and the beeping was immediately taken care of. It was an alarm clock in an empty room. I liked that they sent someone very quickly, and took care of everything quick and easily. Later that day, my boyfriend and decided we would like to upgrade to a room with 1 king bed, instead of 2 queens. We went to the front desk and were told that they were 'out of king bed rooms' and thus couldnt switch. We thought this was fishy, because the hotel was not very full, so we went online to the Best Western website and checked. There were plenty of king rooms available. We went back later, and talked to a different front desk person, and she said that because we booked on hotwire they werent able to transfer us. I appreciated her honesty, and was quite frankly a little pissed off that the other girl had flat out lied to us. I do not appreciate that kind of service.

Amenities: The pool was just plain gross. That's all I can really say. It was indoor, surrounded by trees and plants, which was kind of cool sure, but all those plants and trees meant dirt, leaves, decaying flowers, etc all falling in the pool, or being dragged into the pool by children. It was just really gross. I also felt uncomfortable there, because the pool was in the middle of a small atrium, around the outside of the atrium, were rooms. People would look out their windows as theyre laying in bed watching people/kids in the pool or jacuzzi. It was honestly just really creepy. I really enjoyed the wooden sauna though. It was quite small, and was uncomfortable with more than 4 people in it, but it was a nice touch and I used it 2/3 nights I was there. The casino was not very impressive to be honest, and it was inside the bar so had quite cheap drink specials.

Food: The breakfast buffet was an enjoyable touch in the price of the hotel, however it was never really that amazing. I was there for a friday, saturday and sunday morning. Every day there was always (unseasoned) scrambled eggs, (unseasoned) hashbrowns, and silverdollar pancakes. Then, each day there seemed to be a different protein - there was bacon, ham, and sausage while I was there. There was also a small selection of cereals, breads and pastries, yogurt and juice. There was syrup, salsa, hot sauce and some other condiments available. I added salt and pepper to the eggs and hashbrowns, and they improved drastically. I did not try the steak house, or eat here for dinner, but I did goto the bar for some drinks one night. We had some nice cheap pints of beer, $2.25 or so, and a dirty martini. All together, including tips it was 10$. Pretty good, coming from canada where you can barely get a martini for 10$!

Hotwire: So as I wrote earlier, I was unable to change rooms because of booking with hotwire. Overall, I still liked hotwire. The rates for check in when I got to the hotel (on june 30) were about 120$. I booked the hotel for 67$/night, a pretty amazing deal. I am not sure if I would use hotwire again, because of the inconvience, but if you are looking for a way to save money it definitely did. Since Great Falls is such a small town, it was pretty easy to figure out which hotel was which (hotwire doesnt post the names of the hotels) and so I was able to research this hotel much more in depth before booking as you usually would.

Overall, a very nice hotel. There was not alot to do in Great Falls, a very boring/small town, so I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. If I ever happened to be here again, I would stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank karaf9
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We had an average sized room with a bathroom so tiny that it cannot accommodate two adults at the same time.

When I opened the drawer on the nightstand in search of a telephone directory, the drawer came off its track and crashed to the floor.

When I suspected something odd about the grout in the shower, I took a washcloth and tested to see if it was clean. After cleaning the grout around two tiles, the washcloth was filthy.

When I reported these problems to the manager, she offered me a room with no window to the outside and a cup of coffee.

This is an older property with no elevator. Much of the public areas are run-down looking.

On the up side, the beds were comfortable and the towels were fluffy.

A good breakfast was presided over by a chipper man who makes himself excessively visible making comments that seems designed to make guests feel guilty if they don't leave him a tip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2011

As a family trip,we started our trip from Edmonton,Alberta,Canada to ended up spending the night in Great Falls and on our way to Yellowstone National Park. The first we stopped in was the BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn. The staff,service and the food was just overwhelming, beyond our expectations, we left with good feelings!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family