New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
London, United Kingdom
“Adequate but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had no choice but to stay at Motel 6 as everything was very expensive. The room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom was very small. There was a strange smoky smell all night that kept me awake. I was informed, later that it was not cigarette smell but from the fires in the forest.
The lady at the reception was friendly and helpful and gave us some tea, coffee and coffee maker as soon as we mentioned that we like to drink lots of tea because we are English.
You can use the facilities at the sister hotel next door (Best Western) but there were no changing facilities. There was a swimming pool, sauna and hot tub and also a computer that you could use at the Best Western.
The very high speed internet that was advertised was out of action.
We felt that the motel was fine for one night stay but over priced, especially as breakfast was not provided.
We were offered $2 voucher towards a breakfast at the Best Western. We had a three egg cheesy omlette with hash brown and toast, which was highly recommended and tasty (with the $2 it worked out at $5) . The breakfast kept us going all day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ishiarusha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
PNW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Nice motel, easy location, could have been cleaned better. It was very expensive for a Motel 6 and you can get a better room in the area for less. Like the digital easy to use ac/heat unit. Restaurant next to motel has decent food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Blackfalds, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is very nice for a Motel 6. It is only a few years old and in very good shape.

Room Tip: There are no restaurants in the motel, but there are several in the vacinity.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank richarda855
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

First of all, I am applying the rating of Excellent because the property met our expectations and the rating is deserved. I tire quickly of individuals who write negative reviews when the problem, in most instances, is derived from their uniformed expectations.

We needed:
A place to sleep after arriving late in the evening and needing to depart at 5 AM for the airport
A place to park our car

We got both. I see no need to pay for a room with an abundance of ammenities our schedule will not permit us to enjoy. Our room was at least 25% less than the cost of most other rooms in town and for that, we were able to leave our vehicle parked in their lot for 10 days and utilize their complementary (and efficient) airport shuttle service.

Our reservation was accurate, our check-in and out and parking was handled efficiently, and our room was clean. The wake-up call was prompt and the shuttle driver (both to and from) the airport was helpful and friendly. Upon our return the keys to our vehicle were returned without delay and our car was safe in the place we had left it.

The only negative we encountered was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby and hallway areas the night we stayed; however, our room was not affected by the odour. In our province, smoking in public buildings is not permitted and we are non-smokers so we may be more sensitive than others, but since I did not sleep in the lobby nor loiter in the hallway, I cannot say the smell took anything away from the quality of our stay. This is simply information provided as part of my review.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ecormack
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We crashed here one night after a long day of driving, and this property provided what we needed, albeit at a bit higher price than we hoped for, especially for how simple the rooms were.
As noted by another reviewer, it is less costly than most of the nearby properties.

Room was clean, but bathroom was small, especially shower. Made me glad I am not a big person!

The staff were helpful in pointing us towards a hot meal nearby, and it was a quiet location, but just off the highway, which was nice.

You have to drive through what seems like one big parking lot (which is also used by other businesses - including another hotel) so I can see why it might be a bit confusing to arrive there, but at night it is well lit, so was not a problem for us to find.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from stairwell, noise echoes a lot near here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank stargirl6
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are retired and have been traveling the US for two months staying at different motels every night. If you are looking for just a bed and bath, this motel will do. Room was clean, halls and lobby clean. Bed comfortable, A/C unit quiet and worked well. Here is what this motel does not offer: no coffee in room, no micro (fridge yes), no iron, no toiletries, no clock, and no morning breakfast in lobby. Again it was acceptable for a bed and bath, but a little over priced for what you don't get.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

Colfax, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This motel is owned as a franchise, not by the Motel 6 company. Because I am very allergic to cigarette smoke, I inquired before I rented the room if I could get a non-smoking room that would not have a smoke problem. I was given a room on the top (2nd floor) at the end of a wing that was as far as could be gotten from rooms where smoking is allowed. I stayed there a number of nights with good rest, but during my second to last night, I awakened at 4:00 AM and smelled smoke in my room. Getting up, I found that it was coming in under the door from the hallway. I took a towel and wedged it against that opening, and called the front desk to report it. The clerk said that nothing could be done at that time. I went back to bed and tried to sleep, but could not. I developed a sinus headache. Getting up again to check, I discovered smoke was still seeping in through between the door and the frame. In fact, when darkening the room, one could see light from the hall penetrate into the room. Getting up to do some work in the room, still exposed to the smoke, was not a good option, so I left and started what turned out to be a very weary day. I did get back after lunch and was able to take a short nap, so I could still do something in the late afternoon and evening. I did report this to the morning clerk, and requested the possibility of at least a partial refund, but to date I have not heard from them. I am beginning to think that these large motel structures, unless they are strictly and entirely non-smoking and enforced, that it will not be possible for them to guarantee no exposure to smoke, due to the shared hallway and ventilation systems (such as the bathroom). Apparently the smoke became an issue when a number of smokers stayed that particular night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business