“Fantastic dinner”

Ranked #12 of 185 Restaurants in Great Falls
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Everything tasted so good from the roasted garlic appetizer to the excellent seafood dishes. Excellent value ( $30/person)

1  Thank SaintGeorge
There are newer reviews for Dante's Creative Cuisine

Reviewed August 8, 2008

The only thing great about this place was our service. Our waiter, Josh. was really great. If you consider yourself a foodie, do yourself a favor and don't eat here. There is nothing on the menu that is healthy! Everything is very heavy and over done. The bread tastes like Wonder bread. They would do well to have a really good local bakery do their bread because they don't do it well. They give you roasted garlic with the bread but they drowned it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I would have preferred if they served it alone and let me choose if I wanted to mix it with my butter or add the vinegar and oil.

Next we got a ceasar salad. I have never had a ceasar sald with veggies in it and no croutons until this night. The dressing was thick, sweet and there was way to much of it on the salad. There was also no typical after taste of anchovie that I look for in a good ceasar salad.

We had the walleye fish for dinner with way out of season asparagus and chipotle mashed potatoes. The crust on the fish was saturated with oil and that was all that I could taste. I asked if it was hydrogenated because it left a film in my mouth. My server asked the chef who said it was fried in olive oil. Which I think could be worse because that takes this oil over its smoke point.. The potatoes would have been best if they had just taken that roasted garlic and put it in the potatoes instead of dried chipotle powder.

Really, there was nothing creative about this place. I was highly disappointed. I was really looking forward to good food.

They also need to update the decor from the eighty's brass and plants look. Awful.....

Oh yeah, I live in Montana and I know that food can be done right in this state. We have access to great fresh local produce, beef, buffalo, lamb, chicken and more. Dante's should look locally and try to have a few healthy meals on their menu!!!

5  Thank HikerKaren
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I was taken to dinner here when I came to town to interview for a job. It was fabulous - the appetizers, the food, and the wine. Everything was excellent!

1  Thank GraceAK
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Dante's is a wonderful restaurant by any measure, and a real find in Great Falls! The atmosphere, in a beautiful restored old ironworks building, was beautiful, and the service was so friendly and efficient.

We had very well-prepared and original meals at Dante's. I had seafood manicotti, two generously stuffed manicotti shells with crab and shrimp and rich roasted marinera sauce that was some of the best I've ever had. My dining companion had shrimp in a Creole whiskey sauce that she loved. The salads and breads were good too. I only wish we had had room to try a dessert.

Dante's was a wonderful place for a "farewell" dinner for a great Montana vacation. Not cheap by any means, but a lovely restaurant for a special occasion.

2  Thank Docmarx
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I have several business clients in Great Falls, and without question this is my favorite place for entertainment. It's rarely crowded, the menus are varied, the food & service is great, the atmosphere is casual & relaxed yet elegant & upscale, you can't go wrong.

2  Thank hardycreek1