“Great Falls fresh food and presentation”

Kobe Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 185 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went for a late lunch and the restaurant seated us immediately at a tepanyaki grill instead of the booth. The grill tables are the way to go as the menu expands with the grill option adds the show of food creation. I suggest having the meal with the fried rice option as it is worth the extra $2 for the show of food preparation.

Having the cook flip chunks of broccoli to try to catch in the customer's mouth was silly and really not so fun, so I could do without that part of the cook's show at the table.

The food was very good and fresh as can be.

2  Thank Rockingpk
There are newer reviews for Kobe Seafood and Steakhouse

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Here for a soccer tournament and it was recommended by another parent. We love tepanyaki and were delighted to get a seat at one of the grills (no reservations on weekends). The display and food were as good or better than at similar places such as Epcot and LA. We came away very pleased and impressed.

1  Thank Nancylind
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arrived after 7pm on a busy Saturday night and decided to sit at a booth since there was at least a 20 min wait for room at a tepanyaki grill (although we ended up at a table because the booth benches were ridiculously far away from the table: we would have had to sit on the edge of our seats to eat, and conversation would have been difficult). We each had a bento box: one pineapple shrimp and one beef terriyaki. The miso soup was not very warm. The sushi was excellent, as was the tempura. The pineapple shrimp was tasty but we were surprised that it did not come with rice. The beef terriyaki was good but the pieces were too big (especially since you don't get a knife), not very warm, and a little on the chewy side. Service was adequate, but our waitress never came to check on us after delivering the bento boxes.

1  Thank TMG25
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We met here after my fathers memorial and were greeted by staff immediately and seated. The restaurant is a Benihana style. The waiter was David and we will request him going back. The food was fantastic and the service world class. David knew the menu, suggestions, and attentive. Attentive in watching and acting before being ask. Great restaurant and would recommend to everyone I know.

1  Thank Tracy K
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is my wife and I's first time visit. To avoid any crowd due to my wife's limited lunch time we opted to go at 1300. We had seaweed salad and salmon poke for appetizers and that was pleasing for starters.

I had the sushi special (4 pcs of CA roll, miso soup, and 4 pcs of salmon sashimi) and my wife had the chicken bento box. Even everything else in the platter was OK, the avocados in our CA roll were very crunchy because it was not ripe :(. Our server knew so obviously the sous chef knew also ... they would have been better not served and just explain to customers. The cold unfiltered sake was good. The salmon sashimi, even though it seems fresh it didn't quite melt in my mouth like butter as I expected.

For dessert, we shared a panna cotta, and that was awesome. Silky, rich, and milky taste yet it's light. Our bill came to $49, very reasonable IMHO.

Our service was great and all our food were serve with very wait time in between (30 minutes for all)., esp the dessert. ;).

I guess I expected more ... overall, it was a very nice experience. Maybe next time it will be excellent!!

3  Thank azzklaun