“Good food terrible service”

Kobe Seafood and Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 190 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Arrived about 10 min early for our reservation, they wouldn't seat us until there was a spot at the grill they wanted our party of 4to sit. When we were finally sat down they put us 3 in a row and 1 around he corner. Then TOLD us to move down(4 in a row) so they could accommodate more guest. This made conversation extremely difficult. Food was prepared well and tasted good. I don't recommend going until there is less hype.

1  Thank Tohrment

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stopped in Great Falls on the way to visit our son in Havre. He joined us and, wanting to treat him to a fine meal, took him to newly-opened Kobe. Even with reservations, it took quite a while to get a table. The seating is mostly communal, which was fun. It's a seafood-steakhouse with a show. The waiters cheerfully put on their show, sometimes making mistakes - ours dumped an entire large salt shaker onto the veggies - and had to start over! Everyone was good natured about it.

The food was typical for a steakhouse. Way too much butter and salt, but then I live in the Pacific NW and am more used to healthier food choices when eating out. While the food was good, it wasn't special or outstanding.

Be prepared for a crowded, boisterous, and expensive evening. I would not take young children here for dinner. The wait was too long, lots of folks drinking heavily and it was really noisy. It was not a cheap meal. For some, this would work for a special occasion. Just not for me. I prefer being able to hear my dinner companions.

I suspect Kobe's approach is a novelty for the area. For that reason alone, I would go. But would I go back? Maybe, maybe not.

1  Thank Robin97229
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ate here the day it opened and two other times. Each time my food has been delicious! The only thing that I didn't like and thought was unusual is that fried rice was $2 extra, I've never seen that before!

1  Thank MrsDiRobbio
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food and service was good. Very busy. I had the Thai noodles and the rocked. My husband had the bento and tried sushi for the first time and now wants to try it again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went to the Kobe Steak House. First we were never seated even though we had a 7pm reservation, we waited 25 minutes before talking to a manager who showed no care for what we told him. What we saw while we waited was repulsive. Cooks wiping their noses and touching the food without washing hands, cooks scratching themselves and touching food. Cooks touching their faces and hair and touching food. The hostess chewing her gum with mouth open and spittle coming out of her mouth and going onto menus. Staff coughing on food. I told the manager all of this and he just offered to finally seat us. We declined as we didn't want all the germs and disease being offered with the food. Beware of the health hazards of going to the Kobe Steak house in Great Falls MT!

3  Thank Sue P