“2 hours for dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently ate at Moonshine Grill for the first time since it opened in Great Falls for a friend's birthday. We were a rather large table (10+) but there were not many others in the restaurant. We waited 45 minutes for the waitress to bring our cocktails, and didn't get a menu until that time as well. Our food didn't come until we had been there 2 hours, and all my husband and I had ordered were some appetizers. Maybe the waitress was new or something, or just having a bad day. We did get the sliders, which had a great sauce, and my cocktail was great. My overall experience would not make me recommend this restaurant though.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

In town for the first time and this place was near my hotel so I gave it a try. I went about 5:00 and was seated right away. I had excellent service from Virginia. I had a nice salad with strawberries, glazed pecans, and a pear vinaigrette. The bone in ribeye was cooked correctly and had a spicy kick to it that I liked. Not sure if it would be liked by all. I would probably eat here again if I was ever back in Great Falls.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food is nothing special, just chain restaurant food. Portions are American Huge. Our waitress actually asked us how our food LOOKED, not how it tasted.

I highly suggest the cheapest whiskey flight and the Edward T. Lee whisky.

The staff are incredibly friendly and the service is very, very good.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This was a maccornoni grill, the only thing that has changed is the food and the sign out front. They did neither of these well. Service is flustered and horrible. Food is on par with the particle board behind the sign out front. This place just brings another bad name to the string of horrible places to eat in this town.

1  Thank Jason K
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Trying to find a decent restaurant in Great Falls, Montana is a challenge and this one does nothing to improve the culinary landscape. While the service is very good and the prices moderate the executive chef needs to taste the items on the menu. The addition of alcohol to sauces and some recipes can enhance and provide a subtle layer of flavour. The addition of too much or to the wrong food is just a waste of the alcohol and the food. The latter is unfortunately the case here. Starting with bourbon in the butter which accompanies the slightly warm small loaf of bread at the start, through to its overpowering presence in the spaghetti sauce, "moonshine" would be something best left out of the recipe. From the over abundance of the whisky in the pasta sauce, to the lack of any other moisture (i.e tomato sauce) and excessive amount of ground meat this was one of the worst spaghetti bologneses I have ever tried to eat. The diner next to us did recommend the rib eye but she was taking half of it home in a "doggie bag".