“Fun Bartender!”

The Montana Club Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 190 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Montana Club Restaurant has something for everyone. Huge breakfasts, steaks, seafood, sandwiches, burgers, pasta, salads and more. Choose from an extensive beer, wine and cocktail menu and relax in our Montana Club lounge. See our full menu and the endless possibilities. With locations in Missoula, Butte, Great Falls, Billings and Kalispell, we are Montana's premier hometown restaurant. Stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner where we're always happy to see you and proud to serve you.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went for dinner, sat at the bar and ordered food. We shared a pizza and our bartender was very entertaining (I can't remember his name). Good food and fun times, for dinner and the next day for breakfast.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Waited about 10 minutes to get water and menu. Two other tables that were seated got service and food before us. We watched another table get up and leave , because they never got waited on. Other people noticed the service and just shook their heads. When we were waited on she didn't remember our order and had to come back and check before placing. When food came it wasn't very warm. If it wasn't that we were traveling and wanted to get on the road we would of left. Nothing worse then cold breakfast.

1  Thank Nannette D
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Montana Club in Great Falls, MT is average the food is good, the atmosphere is good, the music is low so you can actually have a conversation with out having to yell at your dinner companion(s).
We were celebrating our birthdays, dear hubby and mine are only a week apart so we usually celebrate them in the middle.
Dear hubby heard great raves about this plave I had only heard mixed raves.
For the prices the food is not worth it go to Steak and Bone, Bar S or Cattleman's Cut you will get a much better peice of beef.
We started out with the crab cake and portabellas it was tastey, the sauce added just the right amount of zing to it, the portabellas were exactly how I like them too over done.
Dear Hubby had the clam chowder soup that came with dinner, he raved how good it was I had a taste and I do have to admit it was pretty darn good. The potatoes were fresh, the clams were nice and meaty the broth was homemade and good.
I had the salad which was good it was a typical house salad it did have pepperoni slices which was a nice surprise.
Hubby orded the Steak and Halibut it was a sirlion he said it was a bit dry but good, the halibut was also dry he added. He did say the asparagus was tender.
I had the 8 oz Steak Oscar topped with crab meat and bernaise sauce with asparagus, My steak was sirlon also. It was dry, the first couple of bites were mealy, after that it got a bit better but not much. The garlic mashed potatoes hardly had garlic in them, the brown gravy I ordered on the side was way too salty. The bernaise suace was good as well as the spices added to the crab meat.
No bread came with the meal which was a bit of a surprise.
They say the beef is certified black angus well if that is certified black angus I sure would like to know where it came from, The certified black angus at the Steak and Bone is much better, not dry and melts in your mouth.
Now what can I say about Jay our waitress? She was inattentive, spent most of her time schmoozing with the couple at the table next to us evidentally they had friends in common and her attention was not on serving the few tables she had. At the end of our meal she was still talking to the couple at the table we had to flag down another passing waitress to get our check and a to go box. Finally Jay decided to get back to work and wanted to know if there was anything else we needed I told her someone else was helping us and she could go on talking to the couple at the table across from us. She got the hint and did bring the credit card back along with the check.
If you do go make sure Jay is not your waitress. She did not check on us to see if we needed refills or anything else to speak of she was way too busy gossiping with our neighbor table.
I do not think we will go back to the Montana Club it was disappointing food wise and server wise as well.
There are much better places in Great Falls to spend that kind of money on a dinner.

2  Thank starsweptsky
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Montana Club's crab cakes appetizer was highly recommended to me so I tried them. They were just as good as I anticipated. I wish I had ordered them as a meal. I ordered a seafood linguine that was good and a huge plater of food, of course I took half back with me. Everyone else ordered sandwiches. They looked very good and were hugh as well. The atmosphere was really nice and fit the name of the restaurant. I felt it was a little pricey but it was an upscale place. I would definitely return for dinner when I get another chance.

1  Thank Patty K
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We waited almost fifteen minutes to get a cup of coffee today and order breakfast. We waited more than 40 minutes from arrival to receiving our breakfast orders. There was one server, one hostess, and one person clearing tables...there were fewer than twenty people in the restaurant so not much going on all the way around. Very disappointing.

1  Thank JOelle22687