“Great beer, great prices! Fun place”

Bowser Brewing Company
Ranked #11 of 34 things to do in Great Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: How it began...Well somewhere in the middle of Montana lies yet another of the state's infamous small towns by the name of Winifred. Many of you likely have not heard of the town, but for those of you who have you know that if Winifred can produce anything it is an appreciation for beer. It's here that the love of beer grew in men and, more importantly, in the heart of one man, by the name of Evan Bowser, who turned that love into a dream...With some planning, a few brews in between, and a brand new baby later, the family owned Bowser Brewing Co became the first brewery to grace Great Falls in over 40 years. Along with his parents, Rich and Deb, his wife Michelle and new born baby Kendall, the Bowser's opened the door of delicious beer to the public on December 23, 2011.Who we are...We wanted to establish a place where people could gather to enjoy good tasting beer in a fun and relaxed environment. Producing tasty brews on a 7 barrel system under the mastermind of head brewer Dennis Holland, our goal is to provide great tasting beer to great people. Community means everything to us and that's why we support local growers and businesses in Great Falls and throughout the state. We have a dedicated community of our own working hard to keep you refreshed daily and occasionally making sure each and every beverage tastes sufficient for the public. Here at Bowser Brewing Co we like beer and we like people, I think that's something we could all raise a toast to.
Houston, TX
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great beer, great prices! Fun place”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We came here after picking up a brewery map of Montana in another town. Great place to hang out in Great Falls! 5 beers $16 can't be beat!

Visited August 2013

Bozeman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Addition to Great Falls”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I are from Great Falls but no longer live there - we were thrilled when we heard that a brewery had opened there and have made it a point to visit Bowser on almost every trip back we've made since it opened, even shuttling a growler between Bozeman and Great Falls practically every trip. It's an awesome place to hang with friends, shoot the breeze, and try some new beers.

The Jalapeño Hefe is my personal favorite, I'm glad they're making it on a regular basis now (I think). I've tried most of the beers there over the course of my visits, and as with any craft brewery, some I've loved, some I've liked, some I've been ambivalent toward, and some just haven't done it for me. But in my mind, that's a good thing - they're trying lots of things, have a diverse selection of options, and aren't afraid to think outside the box.

The location is simple yet nice - it's an open space with plenty of seating, a cozy fireplace area, complimentary popcorn (with lots of different seasoning options), and even live music on select days. There's also room to sit outside, though due to the proximity of the busy 10th Ave, we've never done that.

Finally, Bowser also makes homemade soda and have typically had one or two options available when we've gone. We think this is an outstanding idea - makes it easy to convince non-beer drinkers to come along on trips and is a great option for anyone serving as a DD.

Overall, definitely worth checking out if you're in the area - we think it's been a great addition to Great Falls.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ryan H
Great Falls, Montana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice place to stop for locally brewed beer.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am not much of a microbrew guy, but the beers on tap here a pretty good. You can also get Big Mouth BBQ delivered if you get hungery.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Randy G
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Atmosphere, Friendly Bartenders”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I love stopping into Bowser on the way back from driving around town. The people are so helpful and let you try any one of the beers before you buy a pint. The Monday Military discount is great too!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nancy M
Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mostly decent beers but PRICEY...”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I make it a point to try any local brewerys when traveling so I have enjoyed many pints throughout the state of Montana. This place does not serve pints, only 12 oz beers which cost more than the average 16oz. montana made craft beer... The beers are not bad, maybe a bit forgettable if you are a hop head craving a good IPA or pale ale. The service is good and the facilities are clean.

Visited July 2012