“Disappointing”

Children's Museum of Montana
Ranked #10 of 34 things to do in Great Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Perform in a puppet show, generate your own electricity or build a model city in the Construction Zone. This exciting museum offers many innovative, hands-on activities and interactive exhibits for the young and the young at heart.
Great Falls, Montana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had great hopes for this museum, especially when we walked into the area with the animal pelts. However, I could not get over how dirty it was. I didn't want my son to play with the dress up items or really touch anything because it was downright filthy in there. I was also disappointed as there wasn't much educational items or displays. It seems like 80% of it was just toys. More like a daycare than a museum... a dirty daycare. I will not be going back.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Nicole K

Junction City, Kansas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Simple but fun”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

It is not well organized or prestine like something that you would see in a major city but it was still a good visit for a fairly cheap price. $4 I was a little bit ticked over the fact that you are charged as a parent even though there is absolutely nothing for you to do. I felt like I was charged to watch my kid play games at Chucky Cheese.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ryan1357
montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“LOVE IT”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Took 3 year old. I think she needs ship in her room at home now. I can see that older children might not have much to do, but for wee ones, its fantastic. Water play was fun, love car slides and the play house area upstairs is full of imaginative ideas.

Visited February 2012
Chinook, Montana
“Lots of potential. Would like to see it grow into something better.”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I went with my husband and 1 year old son. He is one so his interest in things was pretty short lived. We were in and out in about 20 minutes. It seems like a good place for kids to have some fun, but in a way felt more like a daycare to me. I like that it is constantly changing, but would like to see it evolve into something a little better. I realize funds are needed in order to do that so I hope that the community will continue to help this museum grow. It has a lot of potential and a lot of open space that could be filled. My biggest complaint was that they were repainting one of the walls and the paint was left out and open so it was easily accessable to my son. He got his whole hand in the paint can before I realized it wasn't part of the display. They really shouldn't leave things like that unatended in a place with lots of children. I don't live in Great Falls, but I can see where this would be a benefit to those parents who live there that want to give their kids a place to play for a while. The biggest plus was the cost of admission was low. I'm not planning on going back any time soon.

Visited January 2012
Montana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“great place for kids”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

great educational program run by Rachel Kaiser who is spectacular!

Visited March 2012