“Very nice lobby but mold in the bathroom”

Hampton Inn Great Falls
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Edmonton, Canada
“Very nice lobby but mold in the bathroom”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on September 20, 2013. The lobby for this hotel was very nice and the room was lovely with helpful staff, but what spoiled it for us was when we used the bathtub the next morning after moving the shower curtain and found mold around much of the grouting and it grossed us out. You absolutely should not be encountering mold in a Hampton Inn and you could tell this mold had been there for some time! I mentioned it to the front desk when we checked out and the only response I received was "I will advise housekeeping"! Mold is unacceptable period. The Hampton Inn is supposed to have a 100% guarantee policy and yet when you provide feedback and state you are not satisfied the hotel does not offer a solution to you at all. There is no point in having a guarantee if it is not honoured. I would expect mold in a cheap nasty motel not a quality hotel like the Hampton. The breakfast was basic and horrible. There was a container full of some kind of scrambled eggs mixed with bits of other food and frankly it looked like puke! I lifted the lid off and looked at it, said "gross" and put the lid back on the container. The rest of the breakfast was so basic we did not bother having breakfast and left - we had breakfast elsewhere. While the room was very nice, and I could not fault it in terms of appeal, the bed was not comfortable, it was quite firm and while the lobby looked beautiful it disappoints and grosses me out to have that much mold in a bathroom. I have taken a photograph of this mold and I did advise the front desk person I would be taking this matter up with the Hampton Inn directly and providing them with a photograph but all she did was state again she would advise housekeeping. That was not a satisfactory response and I bet that mold is still there in room 324.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom for mold straight away. Wish we had done that.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernadette K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Arvada, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Taking a late flight out of Denver, the hotel is close to the Great Falls, MT airport. The checkin was quick allowing me to get to my room to complete some work, before getting a shortened night of sleep. Bed was very comfortable. Breafast was good and quick so I could get on the road

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Orem, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed the cleanliness of hotel and superior customer service demonstrated by the staff. Checking in was a breeze, and they front desk responded quickly to a call I made. Since I've traveled to Montana often over the last few months, it's nice to know I can return to a place where I feel completely comfortable away from home and my family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The appearance of this hotel was good but the mix up in our reservation made it less appealing. Booked a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed and ended up with 2 queen beds and a cot, with barely enough room for the cot to fit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was undoubtly the worst Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. The carpet in our room was filthy; TV difficult to operate, coffee maker didn't work, beds were saggy, no frig or microwave, paper cups for drinking, rusty sink drain & no stopper, litter on floor in hallway, vending area trash can overflowing with trash. The beds and linens did seem clean. Staff at front desk were congenial. It was near some good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 11bmwgs
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 different times this year and it does not disappoint. Rooms are nice and big and spotless. They just redid the lobby and breakfast area and the breakfast they serve has something for everyone. Lots of places to eat across the street as well as some shopping. Staff is always very friendly. Good choice for the money.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I (2 adults and 3 kids - 13, 10 and 7) stayed here the last week of July 2013 on a trip out west to visit Glacier National Park from the Chicago area. The Hampton Inn was nice, and clean. The room we stayed in was a bit dated, but maintained well. Pool was big enough for the kids to enjoy and breakfast the next morning hit the spot (then we high tailed it back up the road to Starbucks before continuing on to Kalispell, MT).

The hotel was a bit busy when we got there to check in. The staff moved reasonably quickly and did apologize for the delay. When we asked about local places that served good steaks, we were told about a place that turned out to be a chain. Therefore we ignored it and went with a recommendation from a Road Food book we had -- Eddie's Supper Club.

The hotel was what I expect from a Hampton Inn and I'd stay there again if I was passing through. That said, trying to park a large vehicle there can be done, but you have to end to the far end of the hotel where there is a partially paved and gravel lot. We were driving a 23 foot long van and found it best to park out of the way there as the other parking areas were a bit too compact. But, other than that, was a fine hotel and right across from a number of shops and restaurants and a grocery store.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family