“Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Came to Great Falls for an over night Christms Shopping trip. The hotel is nice and in a good location. Just off of Interstate 15 and within minutes of shopping/dining. Our standard king room was a good size and clean. The good size bathroom area is nice with not a speck of dirt in tub, sink or toilet. The breakfast area is clean, large and hosts a variety of good items for breakfast. One of the best breakfasts I have had at a motel in a while. I thought the bed was very comfortable.

Only a couple of complaints. Our room was near a very large generator or something. It literally sounded like I was on the runway while a jet was taking off. Even though the airport is near, it was not the airport. If you are a lite sleeper, may not be so good. Not sure if there is an area of the motel that you can't hear that sound? Finally, when we checked in, the girl at the counter slapped our room keys and my credit card loudly on the counter. Thought the front desk girl could have been a bit more courteous.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from room 401 as that is where the very loud generator is located.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've stayed at this Hampton a couple times now. It is one of the older Hampton's out there, but it's well maintained and very comfortable. The price is a little bit high for what you get, but the rooms are immaculately kept - well furnished with nice new bathroom fixtures. If the price seems reasonable to you (and see what I have to say about the breakfast especially if there will be two or more people staying in your room), this is a great place to stay!

As always with Hampton, the excellent breakfast here is a gigantic plus - there's everything you might want from hot omelettes and sausage patties, to the fresh waffle iron station, to oatmeal with dried berry and nut fixings, to muffins and pastries. They have "to go" cups to take your coffee with you when you go, and if you're in a hurry they even have a bagged breakfast ready for you at the front desk for when you check out. This isn't the usual "continental breakfast" you find at hotels. If you have multiple people staying in your room, this breakfast will GREATLY add to the value of your room as I would estimate paying at least $10 at a restaurant for the breakfasts I've had here.

The only minor thing I didn't like here was the television - some of the channels have fuzzy reception, and there is a very limited channel selection... and no HBO!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I think it's fair to give this Hampton Inn a 2 Star rating because of its standard and clean room albeit some are smoking rooms.

Unfortunately an unpleasant customer service experience really reduced the chance of my coming back to this location.

I called ahead to make sure a room on the top floor and non-smoking was available when I arrive later that evening at around 11:30PM. This was at 3 or 4 PM on the day of check-in. An Individual name Stephanie, a professional sounding individual told me it was no problem. They had me on the 4th floor, non-smoking room.

I thought, great, and I won’t suffer noise from the street or anyone upstairs since it’s the top floor!
Then 8:30 PM I received a call from Stephanie to make sure I am still showing up in the evening. I said yes and reminded her I will be there at 11:30 PM.

Then she told me they now have me on the second floor!

I reminded her that we spoke earlier and that she had me booked on a top-floor, non-smoking room. She responded and says she'll try again.

I showed up at 11:30 PM and unfortunately they put me on the second floor because they were "sold out."

Apparently they were "sold out" between the hours of 4:00 PM and 8:30 PM and had to put me on second floor.

Hence the 2 stars!

I really think business should not over-promise and under-deliver. I am not angry or frustrated (maybe a little) but simply disappointed that business cannot perform a simple task of keeping a promise to one's customer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We love staying at Hampton Inn, whenever we can. And this hotel was no exception to the wonderfully appointed and comfortable rooms and great service. However the heat in our room couldn't be controlled (hight 80s) and so we requested a room change later in the evening. That room was a little better, but was still miserably hot. We didn't realize that Hampton has 100% guarantee. In the morning when we checked out, I mentioned the heat to the person at the desk, and she told me about the 100% guarantee, and immediately reversed the charges on our room. I was so amazed! Excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in Great Falls. I like it better than the Hilton across the street. Folks are always nice. Accommodating as they can be. Clean. Quite. Comfortable. Good nites rest. Breakfast is on the house. Just breakfast, but the coffee [dark] is not too bad at all. Might stay away from fruit bowl, looks pretty, tastes like chemicals. The rest is nice, neat and clean. The front desk was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: 4th floor, although quite, is half a smokers floor. It wasn't a problem in my room, but you coul...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We take a shopping trip to Montana every summer and every summer we stay at this hotel. We have always found it clean, comfortable and very convenient. The staff is friendly and helpful from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. I don't eat hot breakfasts but there is also hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt and pastries, more than enough for anyone. We will be back next summer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east are quieter, good selection of restaurants, shopping is great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

What I like about Hamptons Inns is there consistancy and good value for money. Free parking, free wifi, free breakfast, free USA today and always clean and tidy with nice spacious rooms and very comfortable beds. Very hard to pass up. This Hamptin Inn is on the other side of the river from the main part of town but only a 5 minute drive away from the centre. A very nice town to visit with lots of things to see and do.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple