“Love the fresh tortillas!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Vaughn
“Love the fresh tortillas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I think the food is delicious and the atmosphere is fun! The employees enjoy their jobs and show it. I like the colorful decor. Tuesdays taco specials is a very good value since for $2 more you get rice, beans and a drink. And you get your choice of any of the meats including the grilled steak.
I wish they had free wi-fi, though. I come here at least twice a month for lunch.

• Visited February 2014

“Food Has NO Flavor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have visited Café Rio 3 or 4 times.. I have tried the sweet pork and the steak burritos.. Tried with the medium sauce and hot sauce.. Everytime my food doesn't taste like much other than tortillas n lettuce... I would not recommend this place to anyone.. Dirty tables and bland food... Pass on this place....

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lethbridge Alberta
“Another great lunch here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had our Saturday lunch between shopping stops. I had the cancun shrimp and my wife had the spicy chicken taco meals. Both were very good , fresh made taco shells . you cant go wrong for stopping in here for a quick bite. we will be back next shopping trip

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I love going to cafe rio. You guys have a great atmosphere. And everyone that works there looks happy and they love there job. I love that you guys have fresh ingredients. And you don't half to wait a long time for the food.

“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've always liked Cafe Rio from the first day we went there. I find the staff to be friendly. And the food is constantly good. We have had a couple meals that we had to take back, but when you go there 2-3 times a week, verses the couple of bad meals, it's not bad. The portions are large and the value is great. They've got a punch card system so you eventually get free meals. Which is always nice especially since we visit so often. The tortillas are always fresh since they make them right there in front of you. In fact everything is fresh. Usually if you go there later in the evening they give you extra since they throw it all away, to start the next day with fresh ingredients. So if you're looking to get a little extra, night time before they close is a good move! I don't care to eat there too often since it is always busy (because its delicious) but because it's so noisy and I find the seating to be uncomfortable and kinda cramped. You can't really go wrong with whatever you order but I do recommend the Pulled Pork on either a burrito or in a salad!!

• Visited January 2014