“Short Stay but not short enough”

Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
“Short Stay but not short enough”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked this through expedia and got to the Extended Stay hotel late after a 3 hour trip. All that was available was smoking room even though we booked non-smoking... slept with windows open, air blasting, but my daughter, with alergies, still coughed all night. Won't stay here ever again. Rooms were old, halls dirty, and nothing for breakfast other than apple, old coffee, and nutrition bars. Expedia did provide a credit but will avoid these hotels in future!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Margot - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were given a smoking room and were uncomfortable during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing our reservation procedures with the entire staff and will work with them to improve how we handle guest requests in the future.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gfm@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

In the past this hotel has been pretty good, this time it was disappointing. The bed was VERY uncomfortable, not to mention that the blankets kept falling off the bed. I am pretty sure our room was not vacuumed before we checked in, but we did keep our shoes on.They even ran out of coffee for the rooms. The carpets in the hallways were dirty and not vacuumed. Our shower was backed up and the toilet seat felt like an amusement ride, but they didn't have any maintenance people working on Sunday. I do have to admit, first thing Monday morning, all was well. One last thing, I do have to mention Duane, the last time we were there he helped us big time, and again this time, he went above and beyond. Thanks Duane.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the back if you can, its alot quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shats3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the overall cleanliness and maintenance of your room did not meet your expectations.

In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to better inspect these areas of each room so that every guest feels comfortable in each room. Your comments in regards to Duane are much appreciated and they will be shared with him as he is a valued member of our team.

Once again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked through Priceline, and managed an excellent price for this hotel. The room was clean and well equipped.

Possibilities and recommendations might include asking for a non-smoking room (the smell can be pretty heavy) and a room where pets are not allowed, if these are things that might bother you.

The Mackenzie River Pizza restaurant right next door is also really good - great quality food, less crowded than Applebee's a little further down the road, and good value for your money. Having the park and river behind the hotel is really nice too, and if you would like, you might look at the possibility of a room that faces the park.

The hotel also offers coffee during the day and a grab and go breakfast which includes oatmeal, fruit, and muffins.

We were a little worried about the hotel given some of the reviews, but everything was fine, and both my wife and I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JimCalgary4
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Jim - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you and your Wife were pleasantly surprised with our hotel and that you found your room to be clean. As well, I am pleased to read that you liked our hotel's location, especially since so many restaurants and a park being nearby.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The funds on my credit card were stolen. Duane at the front desk continued to be helpful and allowed me to pay cash. The room was nice, beds were comfy. Quiet. Nice location near the river. I was very pleased we stayed here. And would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your room was comfortable and Duane was helpful in making your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked my stay through a third party. This hotel was a very good value.

The staff were very nice. The hotel was nice and clean. I would stay here next time I am passing thorough Great Falls.

The only thing that I didn't really like was the lack on an ice machine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we met your expectations. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.
Great Falls
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very quiet , full hotel , weekend during fair week and still very quiet. Amazing . I look forward to staying there again . Great location . Centerally located , next to the river . The paved walking trail by the river is right out the back door .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Gary B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Gary - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and how quiet the hotel was overall. As well, I am glad that you liked our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I would recommend Extended stay to anyone. With the kitchenette it saved me money on meals and gave me the opportunity to have my son's family up for a meal. I stayed for 6 nights and didn't have to worry about maid service waking me if I wanted to sleep in. You take care of your own room, you have all the supplies you need. Like I said it was safe and affordable and I was more than pleased.

Room Tip: this place doesn't have a pool so if you have young children who may want this it's not the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.