“A real disappointment, overpriced - try next door for twice the value!”

Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you are a pet owner you are often limited, but you shouldn't have to be a second class citizen. We were in a room on the main level at the end farthest from the main entrance. It had holes in carpet, the dust was so thick on the furniture it was unbelievable! The bed was hard and uncomfortable, I never got a minutes rest. I don't think my Chihuahua could have even slept on it. She was lucky to have her own bed. They only gave us two thin pillows and the bedding was old and stained even though I'm sure it was washed. When bedding gets to that state it is time to discard it and get new stuff. The hallway and side entrance smelled very bad and was dirty...(not sure why) They charged us $25 extra for our pet, then put us in a room like that? I was so disappointed. On the way back through, we went to the hotel next door; no extra cost for the pet and still a better price, nice room and beautiful comfy bed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Go next door, save yourself the agony of a rough night and improve your trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Janice - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations when it came to the level of cleanliness and comfort throughout our hotel. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel as a whole.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel several years ago and chose it for it's riverside location. I don't remember this hotel being like this the last time we stayed or I wouldn't have booked it again. The whole place feels dirty and cheap.

Walking to the room the hallways smell and the carpets are disgustingly dirty and stained. The bedroom also had an odour. The bed linens had stains and black lint which we thought were bugs at first. The carpets are stained. The towels also had stains and were so thin. There's a little packet of dish soap in the kitchen. Enough for one sink of dishes. There's two small soaps in the bathroom. No shampoo or conditioner, or anything else (hair dryer, etc.).

I couldn't wait to get out of there, and won't be back. There are too many other choices in Great Falls. If you don't mind cheap, dirty hotels this place has a nice location, but if, like me, you like a little more in a hotel, I don't recommend this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you found the cleanliness of our property to not be in line with your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve the cleanliness of the hotel.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night while traveling with our pets and had a pleasant stay. Front desk was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean (other than a peanut shell our dog found under the bed, lol) but no complaints. Location is great and the room has a nice kitchenette. Wouldn't object to staying here again if in the Great Falls area.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here for three days in May, 2013 and found the property reasonable for the price we paid ($50 per night through Priceline). There is a $25 up charge for dogs per night. We found the staff friendly and accomodations reasonable other an a very hard king size bed. All in all the location was great so we would probably stay here again when visiting Great Falls.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Redhead049
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall 3-day stay at our hotel. We are very happy that you found our service to be friendly and that you enjoyed your room.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Staff helped with my wife's physical needs. She has Parkinson's. Staff tended to our requests promptly. Stay was enjoyable due to room, bed and care from staff. Bed was very comfortable and temperature control was easily changed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MontanaMTNMan

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about the staff. It's also great to hear that you and your wife were comfortable and felt well taken care of during your stay.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I did not make the reservation myself but in order to save money my company reserved several rooms here. I was very worried after reading several of the reviews but honestly for $49 a night I am not sure what travelers are expecting. The room was clean although it did smell of smoke. The room was spacious and included a flat screen TV with basic cable, a full size fridge, a microwave - basically a mini-kitchenette. The staff was friendly and easy to work with. I was able to leave early due to a schedule change and they refunded my money without hassle.

Items worth noting; hair dryer is available but you have to ask for it; there is no fitness center but it is right along a nice trail; they have a small breakfast to go each morning which included fruit, granola bars, muffins and coffee; free parking; within walking distance of a great restaurant and a playground for kids.

For those trying to save money this would be a good choice but you can't expect four and five star accomodations when you're paying $49 a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clarene11
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and the amenities we offer. It pleases us to hear that you enjoyed the new flat screen television and kitchenette which are available in all of our guest rooms. As well, we appreciate your remarks about how friendly the staff was.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having read some of the reviews from such angry people, I was wary but had already made my reservation through Priceline (a great deal). I had expected tarantulas dropping from the ceiling, and used motor oil flowing down the hallways. Nah. The place was great. Clean lobby. Clean hallways. Clean room. Quiet. Friendly staff. No smell of smoke anywhere. What do these other people expect from a place like this?! It was $39. a night. We were thrilled. The only thing that I agree with which is pretty consistent with many of these reviews is that the mattress is pretty solid. But some people like a firm bed. Though it was a bit firm for me, I'd rather have firm than too soft. We slept pretty well. Don't be afraid to stay here, people. It's a good place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.