“Great treatment..”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Mustang, Ok
“Great treatment..”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Staff helped with my wife's physical needs. She has Parkinson's. Staff tended to our requests promptly. Stay was enjoyable due to room, bed and care from staff. Bed was very comfortable and temperature control was easily changed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MontanaMTNMan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about the staff. It's also great to hear that you and your wife were comfortable and felt well taken care of during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Holladay, Utah
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I did not make the reservation myself but in order to save money my company reserved several rooms here. I was very worried after reading several of the reviews but honestly for $49 a night I am not sure what travelers are expecting. The room was clean although it did smell of smoke. The room was spacious and included a flat screen TV with basic cable, a full size fridge, a microwave - basically a mini-kitchenette. The staff was friendly and easy to work with. I was able to leave early due to a schedule change and they refunded my money without hassle.

Items worth noting; hair dryer is available but you have to ask for it; there is no fitness center but it is right along a nice trail; they have a small breakfast to go each morning which included fruit, granola bars, muffins and coffee; free parking; within walking distance of a great restaurant and a playground for kids.

For those trying to save money this would be a good choice but you can't expect four and five star accomodations when you're paying $49 a night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clarene11
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and the amenities we offer. It pleases us to hear that you enjoyed the new flat screen television and kitchenette which are available in all of our guest rooms. As well, we appreciate your remarks about how friendly the staff was.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having read some of the reviews from such angry people, I was wary but had already made my reservation through Priceline (a great deal). I had expected tarantulas dropping from the ceiling, and used motor oil flowing down the hallways. Nah. The place was great. Clean lobby. Clean hallways. Clean room. Quiet. Friendly staff. No smell of smoke anywhere. What do these other people expect from a place like this?! It was $39. a night. We were thrilled. The only thing that I agree with which is pretty consistent with many of these reviews is that the mattress is pretty solid. But some people like a firm bed. Though it was a bit firm for me, I'd rather have firm than too soft. We slept pretty well. Don't be afraid to stay here, people. It's a good place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Haughton
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The front desk personnel provided great service and interacted with guests passing through the lobby. Rooms are a good size to stay in. Issues that negatively impacted my stay is wall of smoke that hits you in the face when step off the elevator on the 3rd floor. Also, an outdated movie guide was located in the room. It may have been where the room was last cleaned (rented) sometime in April. Also, the rooms were cleaned well overall but need to have a little attention to detail. The microwave had food debris and trash located in cabinet from previous tenant. I would continue to stay here unless I experienced rooms with smoke smells.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your overall stay at at our hotel. We appreciate you letting us know that there was a slight smoke odor in the third floor and that you did not have the correct TV Guide in your room. We will be working with the staff to ensure these problems are resolved.

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My brother booked this hotel at the last minute and it was the WORST hotel we've ever stayed in......EVER! The front desk staff are so unfriendly, the rooms are disgusting, dingy and old, the beds are rock hard with the creepiest bedding and to top it all off I left my Apple phone charger plugged into the wall when we left and when I called later that night to have someone look for it they were uncooperative. The next day I called again and they told me they found it (I described it in detail as it had some colored ribbon tape around it) and that they would hold it for me so I was happy about that. When my Mom went back down to pick it up for me a few weeks later the one I forgot had been replaced by some piece of crap and they tried to say that was the one I left behind. When I called to clarify the situation, "Sheila" was extremely rude to me and even tried to insinuate that I didn't actually leave a charger there when I told her the piece of crap that my Mom picked up was not the one I left there. She was completely rude when my Mom was there as well and I am so disappointed that on top of this hotel being just awful that their staff are about the same par - dishonest, rude and unprofessional. Can you imagine if I had actually left something behind of value? There are many reasons why I would never set foot in this hotel again but the main reason would definitely be the latter. If you want a clean, pleasant and comfortable stay in Great Falls then stay away from this hotel and pay a little more for the Holiday Inn Express or the Staybridge Suites - both fantastic on all fronts.

Room Tip: No good rooms - just choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveling_Js
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that the cleanliness of the hotel and the professionalism of our staff did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the hotel staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked the hotel for a long weekend to cover an event for work. It was the worst hotel stay I've ever had. The walls are so thin you can hear the room next to you clearly. The bed is completely uncomfortable. When I came back from work on Friday and Saturday, just looking to relax, the room reeked of weed so bad I wouldn't be surprised someone was smoking in my room. To top it all off, because it's an extended stay location, there's no housekeeping unless you pay extra.
It's a great location and a decent looking place with good service but the rooms are terrible. I'd never return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joeterry9
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your taking the time to review our property. I sincerely apologize we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I do appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention thus allowing us the opportunity to address these with our associates. Once again, I am sorry your stay was not the best and we will ensure we continue to work on our service levels to ensue issues as such do not occur again.
kalispell, montana
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really wanted to love this place, because the front desk people were so great. Exceptional, in fact. The location next to the Missouri River, with a wonderful walking track and small park next door, is outstanding. A room with a river view is spectacular! The room was clean enough.

HOWEVER, I can only give it a 2 star review because two factors made my stay so uncomfortable that I had to cancel my second night's reservation. First, the bed was so hard that I had difficulty falling asleep, and once I woke up the next morning I was stiff and sore. You can tell the bed is hard simply by sitting on the edge of it. Surprising that this uncomfortable mattress would ever find its way into a hotel.

Second, the hotel was nearly sold out for the nights I was here. This means that the smoking wing on the third floor was filled with smokers. Even though I had a non-smoking room, the smoke filtered down the hall and into my room. Stepping out into the hall triggered a headache immediately. I asked to be switched the next day, before I decided to cancel, and the staff could move me to a second floor room, but warned me that the smoke came down through the vents in the bathroom. Worse. In this day and age, non-smokers should not be subjected to second hand smoke, period.

Room Tip: Have to have a first floor room to have a chance of getting out of the smoke
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brandergal
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the bed was so uncomfortable and for the smoke that entered your room during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.