“Definitely go”

Sip 'n Dip Lounge
Ranked #6 of 184 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Sip 'n Dip is the home of the Montana Mermaids and Piano Pat. A close drive to Glacier National Park, the Sip 'n Dip Lounge is part of the O'Haire Motor Inn. We're unique and nothing like you've ever experienced before. Stop in for a bite to eat, watch the mermaids, listen to Pat, stay in one of our comfy rooms. We don't care what you do while you're here, just that you're here. There's something in the water at the Sip 'n Dip!
Union, Missouri, USA
“Definitely go”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

It's a little bit tourist trap, a little bit dive bar, a little bit local hangout.

And with all of that, great food and drinks!

Make sure to stop by if you're traveling to great falls for some reason.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sip 'n Dip 'n Eat 'n Enjoy!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Mermaids do exist! When my friends moved to Great Falls, I promised to visit them. Since weather, time and just wanting to hang out, really didn't permit a site-seeing trip, I thought there must be something in this odd little town that attracts people. I jumped on Yelp to look for food and found it is definitiely the Sip 'n Dip Lounge and Clark and Lewie's that is the attraction. As far as tiki bars go, this place gets 3 1/2 out of 5 tikis.

Fish Bowl, Mai Tai and some other wonderful Rum concoction - so delish! I really felt like a "fish out of water" pun intended, but the drinks, nice military men and the locals at the bar soon made me feel at ease, not to mention my buddy who is bigger than all of them, but I digress. We ordered rumaki, a wonderfully marbled rib eye, baked potato, veggies, salad (and no iceberg!) and they were all good. So good, that we went back one more time before I headed home. We all loved the mermaids swimming behind the bar. The service was good the first night, but not very good the second visit. However, I will definitely be returning to this place during my next visit!

• Visited April 2014
Helena, MT
“A Piece of History”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

In the past this was named the best bar in the US. Mermaids in a large water tank, retro beach décor, Pat at the organ for 50 years now. What an absolute hoot.

We happened to be there during the professional rodeo and knew lots of the folks there. I think everyone in Montana has about one degree of separation anyway.

I used to live in Great Falls, cannot believe this was my first time there. Our buddies come often. What a great, retro, one of a kind roadside America experience!

• Visited January 2014
Missoula, Montana
“Went for a drink and ended up staying all night!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We were on a road trip earlier this week and stopped by the Sip N' Dip for a drink. Carl, the bartender, first talked us into staying for dinner (which was pretty darn decent) and then talked us into staying for the mermaids and Pat. I'm so glad that we did! The service was beyond excellent (thanks, Carl!), the atmosphere fun and we ended up spending the night in a really great room at the hotel. One of the best nights out we've ever had. Go here if you find yourself in Great Falls. Or just get in the car and start driving. It's worth it.

• Visited December 2013
Cody, Wyoming, United States
“Very Retro....”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

What a blast. From the moment you enter the Sip you feel as if you have stepped back in time. The drinks are cool and refreshing, the people warm and friendly, the mermaids are a kick and Pat, well she is so much fun and has a huge following. On the weekends if you aren't there early you won't get a seat...What a little treasure. One not to miss.

• Visited October 2013