“Very clean. Good breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Paxton, Nebraska
“Very clean. Good breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were impressed with the overall experience here. Nice staff, above - average breakfast, clean floors and bathroom. Highly recommend it for the price. We had a deadline but would have liked to stay longer!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HI_Express_GF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Jonny_Pop,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We are so glad to hear that you were impressed by the cleanliness, breakfast, and our staff. Guest feedback is very important to us, so thank you for yours!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went to Great Falls to a swim meet had a great stay at this hotel thank you clean kind courteous staff room was great thanks again!
Location is awesome very nice clean. Swimming pool area was great for the kids thanks again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
mjp7310,
Thank you for your great review! We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our courteous staff, cleanliness, and pool facilities. We appreciate your feedback very much, thank you again!
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Great Falls last week with my girlfriend and overall it was a fairly decent stay. The room was paid for through my Air Miles so check-in and check-out was a breeze since they only needed a card for any incidentals, which there were none.

When we entered our room, it was a large, modern, and clean space with two queen beds. The room also had a fairly large flat screen HD TV complete with numerous HD channels, although a few of the stations kept cutting in and out of signal such as CBS. The room was fairly quiet other than the sound of air circulation system being heard during the night and early morning.

In terms of the beds themselves, the were okay, but a bit hard to my liking. The sheets however were very uncomfortable as the smelled of a strong detergent/chlorine smell that left a rash on both myself and my girlfriend during our stay. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry on cleanliness, but this is the first time I have ever experienced a rash from hotel sheets in my many years of travelling.

The bathroom was excellent with toiletries restocked everyday and the shower had great pressure and heat to it. The once thing that was really odd with the room was that it did not have a soap dish near the sink. We placed the soap after using back on the empty package, but all that did was allow the green printing on the package stick to the soap.

Additionally, Wi-Fi was provided by the hotel and was of a good quality, which allowed me to connect to friends and family back in Canada without racking my cell bill up. The hotel also had a good pool, fitness room, and breakfast that we did not take advantage of.

Location of the hotel could not be more perfect as it was right off of I-15 across from the airport and around many amenities, including restaurants and a shopping complex.

Overall, this was a good hotel stay. I was disappointed by both myself and my girlfriend getting a rash from the sheets, some TV channels cutting out, and a lack of a fridge or microwave in the room. For $109 -$119 USD a night it seems like those amenities would be a given.

When returning to Great Falls I would definitely use this hotel again when redeeming my Air Miles. If I am paying my own way, this hotel would be considered, but I may explore my options for more amenities at a better price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
jchip9,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We value all feedback from our guests and take all comments and suggestions very seriously. We are very pleased to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay. Conversely we are sorry to hear that you felt our sheets may have caused you issue. Rest assured that we do take all guest comments very seriously, and have looked into the matter. Thank you again for staying with us, and for your review.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

The property was clean, and new but I will probably not stay here again for the following reasons.

Lack of room amenities. There was no microware or fridge in our rooms. We were travelling with an infant so this presented some problems.

Lack of consideration for guests. Our room was right next to the fitness center on the main floor. This was in no way problematic until 2 AM when I had to go see what all the racket was about. There was a group of young, underage hockey players in there banging weights around. It seems like they found the place a good spot to drink beer out of sight of their parents/ coaches.
Hotel staff also allowed a noisy gathering in the breakfast area to carry on until all hours of the night. This made sleep difficult. I am not sure why management allowed this to go on.

The pool area was nice with a large waterslide, but if you go in there don't plan on staying long. It would seem that a ventilation system was not part of the building plans. The chlorine was so strong in the room it bothers your eyes. I talked with a staff member who showed me the ventilation system which consisted of propping a door open and placing a large fan in front of it. Not a serious concern, just a little curious in a brand new hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid main floor rooms near the front desk/ breakfast area and 24hr fitness center if you value slee...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HI_Express_GF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Jayball99,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt our hotel was lacking what you were looking for in your stay. We are truly saddened to hear that you were bothered by other guests during your stay. We try our very best to make sure that every guest is satisfied and act immediately when notified of situations such as these. Please also rest assured that your concerns about the pool are taken seriously and we are actively seeking ways to improve guest satisfaction in this area. Thank you so much again for your review, and we do hope to see you back again!
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stay here frequently, and NEVER have a poor visit. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice bathrooms, user-friendly workout room, and filling breakfast. I stayed at a "resort-type hotel" a week ago in another city, and the Holiday Inn Express BY FAR had a better staff, more comfortable bed, better parking, and cleaner facilities, among other things. :)

Room Tip: Get the King bed- totally worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HI_Express_GF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Scooops,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are pleased to hear that we are maintaining a great level of service for you, just as we strive to do for all our guests. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit!
Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

HIE in Great Falls has been our "go to" hotel when shopping across the line. If we ever stay here again, I'll be packing everything into our vehicle when we leave for the day. At first we thought it was just deodorant that was stolen, but when we arrived home & started unpacking, there was a 1 month old $150 pr of jeans missing from my suitcase. We did advise the front desk of the stolen deodorant, but nothing was done about it. I had to go to the vending machine to replace it. Very disappointed!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neil-Lonna B
HI_Express_GF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Neil-Lonna B,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to hear that you loved coming to stay with us and are truly sorry to hear that you feel we did not live up to our high standards. Please rest assured that we do take all guest feedback seriously and will look into this matter. Thank you again, and we do hope to see you back in the future.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed here on our last leg of a 7 week trip to the US. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great. I hope they continue to keep up to these high standards ! Will stay there again :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HI_Express_GF, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Snoweyfolks,
Thanks so much for the amazing review! We always look forward to receiving feedback from all of our guests, and are pleased to see that you had a great stay with us. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you back in the future!