“Great hotel to start our travels.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Calgary, Canada
“Great hotel to start our travels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We decided to give this hotel a try as we usually stay at a different hotel when we fly in or out of Great Falls (to Mesa AZ)! We chose this hotel based on the pleadings of our daughter who spotted the water slide. We were greeted by a happy, bubbly, fabulous front desk girl (wish I had her name). The room was huge, new and very clean. The pool was large and the water crystal clear. Even the breakfast was a hit with all of us! The only disappointments we had was the water slide is only open on a limited schedule which we didn't remember seeing posted on the website (they have a lifeguard on duty when the slide is open), and we had a very large wet spot on the carpet in our room. We did let the front desk know about the carpet and we were offered a new room but decided to stay put for the night as there was no foul smell and we were only there one night. The location is perfect, the staff amazing and overall a great value.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trish G
Seth V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, September 23, 2016
Thanks for writing a review!
We truly do appreciate your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

New, clean, quiet, great breakfast, comfortable beds, large room, and a convenient locaiton. However, this Holiday Inn Express would not be my first choice of accomodations in Great Falls on future visits because of the lack of a fridge (no microwave either) in the regular guest rooms. I also did not like the coffee maker being in the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cdar
anacortes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were greeted by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Our room was well equipped, very clean, large and light. Breakfast was very good, location was convenient. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Better than any other Holiday Inn we have stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at the hotel, enjoyed every bit of it, the staff is very friendly, and professional, the room was very clean, the beds are perfect...I couldn't expect any more from a hotel chain...I forgot to mention the breakfast in the morning is great, I never used the pool or gym...but they look awesome...downside...can't really think of one......I'll stay here again for sure...loved the place....well done

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingKnome
Box Elder, Montana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel looks good from the outside but what goes on indoors is always complete chaos..the hallways are always completely full of noise well past the midnight hours.. Running..thumping..jumping.. it is a kids favorite of a hotel for sure and that is to be expected for the swimming and waterslides but people also need to sleep! This last visit the elevator buttons were broke and there was water everywhere..potato chips smashed in the hallways.. box elder bugs scrambling about the rooms..and always kids running amuck, slamming and knocking on doors.. this not only happened on one visit.. but the past three times i visited.. i have called the front desk..and there is never enough staff on duty to control the kids but they don't make no extra attempt to change it either.. there should at least be two staff members on at all times.. or definitely a manager on at all times because the staff never seems to know what to do on their own and they suggest you just wait and ride it out until morning comes.. by then one is usually more irritable after not getting any sleep.. at 139.00 a night you should at least be able to sleep 8 hours comfortably..

Room Tip: I would definitely look for another place to stay.. this place does not value the money you spend he...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Misty B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Misty B,

Thank you for taking the time to write our property a review. I am pleased that our location worked good enough for your needs. I am disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our hotel is proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the staff service received.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Box Elder, MT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I rented three rooms on a Saturday Night to celebrate a birthday for my twelve year old. We chose this hotel because I am a priority club member, and the location. I have been to several holiday inn's and this hotel does not acknowledge your membership to the priority club for one. Secondly, after dinner we decided to use the pool and jacuzzi amentities and it was completely chaos! The lifeguard was allowing friends off the street to enter through the back exit door, and they were loud, obnoxious and pretty much overed on the pool area. Apparently safety is not an issue in this hotel-there is no excuse for the exit door to be opened and outsider's entering where your children are swimming! I reported it to the front desk clerk and she did confront him, however he denied it and that was it. She did not ask for room keys, or proof of hotel stay! She said there was nothing she could do. I asked for manger on duty, she reported there was none. We went back to the pool area frustrated as is, and seen more entering the pool area and at this time we were done! We got the kid's out and we took them to a movie for entertainment after again stressing our concern to the front desk clerk who contacted her GM by phone. He asked a few questions and asked me to put the clerk back on the phone and once she was done all she said was that her GM told her she should not have gone down to the pool in the first place to confront the lifeguard. We were told someone would contact us the next day, however no one contacted us about this stay. There are signs about hospitality guarantee throughout the hotel, and rooms but this is false advertising! They don't give you the courtesy of a phone call back, and take your complaint with a grain of salt! Am disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melody W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Melody W,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received.

We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Mia R.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My mother and I stayed here while on vacation and even though my husband had not thought to ask for a handicapped room when he made the reservation for us, they were still able to accommodate us in a very friendly and helpful manner. The handicapped room was very well equipped with plenty of safety rails in the bathroom so my elderly mother felt comfortable getting in and out of the shower. The room was clean and comfortable. Our flight was too early for us to enjoy breakfast but the breakfast room looked clean and spacious. The only reason I did not give them a perfect score was because of a number of BoxElder bugs in the room. I understand this is a seasonal problem they are working to remedy but I would have preferred a bug free room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family