“Some Holiday”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Box Elder, Montana, United States
“Some Holiday”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel looks good from the outside but what goes on indoors is always complete chaos..the hallways are always completely full of noise well past the midnight hours.. Running..thumping..jumping.. it is a kids favorite of a hotel for sure and that is to be expected for the swimming and waterslides but people also need to sleep! This last visit the elevator buttons were broke and there was water everywhere..potato chips smashed in the hallways.. box elder bugs scrambling about the rooms..and always kids running amuck, slamming and knocking on doors.. this not only happened on one visit.. but the past three times i visited.. i have called the front desk..and there is never enough staff on duty to control the kids but they don't make no extra attempt to change it either.. there should at least be two staff members on at all times.. or definitely a manager on at all times because the staff never seems to know what to do on their own and they suggest you just wait and ride it out until morning comes.. by then one is usually more irritable after not getting any sleep.. at 139.00 a night you should at least be able to sleep 8 hours comfortably..

Room Tip: I would definitely look for another place to stay.. this place does not value the money you spend he...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Misty B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Misty B,

Thank you for taking the time to write our property a review. I am pleased that our location worked good enough for your needs. I am disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our hotel is proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the staff service received.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Box Elder, MT
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I rented three rooms on a Saturday Night to celebrate a birthday for my twelve year old. We chose this hotel because I am a priority club member, and the location. I have been to several holiday inn's and this hotel does not acknowledge your membership to the priority club for one. Secondly, after dinner we decided to use the pool and jacuzzi amentities and it was completely chaos! The lifeguard was allowing friends off the street to enter through the back exit door, and they were loud, obnoxious and pretty much overed on the pool area. Apparently safety is not an issue in this hotel-there is no excuse for the exit door to be opened and outsider's entering where your children are swimming! I reported it to the front desk clerk and she did confront him, however he denied it and that was it. She did not ask for room keys, or proof of hotel stay! She said there was nothing she could do. I asked for manger on duty, she reported there was none. We went back to the pool area frustrated as is, and seen more entering the pool area and at this time we were done! We got the kid's out and we took them to a movie for entertainment after again stressing our concern to the front desk clerk who contacted her GM by phone. He asked a few questions and asked me to put the clerk back on the phone and once she was done all she said was that her GM told her she should not have gone down to the pool in the first place to confront the lifeguard. We were told someone would contact us the next day, however no one contacted us about this stay. There are signs about hospitality guarantee throughout the hotel, and rooms but this is false advertising! They don't give you the courtesy of a phone call back, and take your complaint with a grain of salt! Am disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melody W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Melody W,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received.

We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Mia R.
IHG Care
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My mother and I stayed here while on vacation and even though my husband had not thought to ask for a handicapped room when he made the reservation for us, they were still able to accommodate us in a very friendly and helpful manner. The handicapped room was very well equipped with plenty of safety rails in the bathroom so my elderly mother felt comfortable getting in and out of the shower. The room was clean and comfortable. Our flight was too early for us to enjoy breakfast but the breakfast room looked clean and spacious. The only reason I did not give them a perfect score was because of a number of BoxElder bugs in the room. I understand this is a seasonal problem they are working to remedy but I would have preferred a bug free room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauri W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upon check-in, I walked into the room (which actually looked nice, neat and clean). As soon as I walked in with my wife and 3 year old, I looked at the bed and there were three BOX ALDER BUGS on the nice white clean bed, crawling around. (A sight I won't soon forget).

I approached the kind lady at the front desk, and told her what I had discovered, and her first response was, "Oh they're harmless". HARMLESS? Harmless or not... who needs to see them in a hotel room? or sleep with them crawling over you?". She proceeded to point out to me that they had posted a letter on their counter, and placed a letter in each room, warning that they were working with pest control to deal with the bugs.

She further advised that all hotels and businesses were encountering / dealing with the bugs. She was kind enough to assign another room, but of course neither of us would have rested there, knowing there were enough in the building for them to post warnings.

I called two other hotels in the city, and told them the issue (just to see if this was an issue with all hotels in Great Falls). The managers at both hotels stated they have not encountered the bugs this year at all.

The front counter lady was okay with refunding us for the cancellation, and we moved to another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Diesel A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Diesel A,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our hotel is proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the cleanliness of the room accommodations. Furthermore, I am glad that our front desk staff was able to address this issue in a timely manner.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I must admit, we have stayed at this Hotel in the past and was somewhat concerned. However since we like the Holiday Inn Express chain we decided to give the Great Falls another chance. Boy were we in for a sweet surprise. first off, we have never been registered as fast and as courteous as this front desk. Our room was very great, soft pillows and a very comfy bed. The breakfast is one of the best we have seen. Lots to choose from and they even have chocolate milk. This is the only place I have seen that. The exercise room is very well equipped. All in all this was a fast trip that was made to be well worth it because of this Hotel.. Thank you for having a great staff and Clean Hotel..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very clean rooms, nice beds, very spacious. Clean bathroom, lots of light, very comfortable beds. I loved the pool area... very nice and looks brand new and they have a lifeguard there! I would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The two woman at the front desk we dealt with were very friendly. Our room was some what clean. I found a bird feather sitting on the bench in our room when we checked in. Quite a strange thing to find in our room.

We found the beds quite hard. We did not have a good sleep on them.

The kids enjoyed the pool. Beware of the waterslide. Quite a few of us came home with bruises on our body from the waterslide. The waterslide whips you around like a rag doll. The chlorine burned the eyes, even when you weren't in the pool. A coupe of times we would just sit in a chair watching the kids in the pool and the chlorine would burn your eyes.

Breakfast was great. There was omelets, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, bananas, yogurt, muffins, doughnuts, cinnamon buns, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, and tea.

Location was great as well. This hotel is near some great restaurants, a theatre and shopping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear cf_travellers,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to read you found the hotel nice, front desk friendly and breakfast great. While you noted the kids enjoyed the pool, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology for the condition of the pool, water slide and the uncomfortable bed that caused any inconvenience. Whilst I am pleased with the really good comments, I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zelyn N