“Good stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The two woman at the front desk we dealt with were very friendly. Our room was some what clean. I found a bird feather sitting on the bench in our room when we checked in. Quite a strange thing to find in our room.

We found the beds quite hard. We did not have a good sleep on them.

The kids enjoyed the pool. Beware of the waterslide. Quite a few of us came home with bruises on our body from the waterslide. The waterslide whips you around like a rag doll. The chlorine burned the eyes, even when you weren't in the pool. A coupe of times we would just sit in a chair watching the kids in the pool and the chlorine would burn your eyes.

Breakfast was great. There was omelets, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, bananas, yogurt, muffins, doughnuts, cinnamon buns, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, and tea.

Location was great as well. This hotel is near some great restaurants, a theatre and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear cf_travellers,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to read you found the hotel nice, front desk friendly and breakfast great. While you noted the kids enjoyed the pool, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology for the condition of the pool, water slide and the uncomfortable bed that caused any inconvenience. Whilst I am pleased with the really good comments, I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zelyn N

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel is very nice... clean, brand new albeit with fairly small rooms. The breakfast was also plentiful and good. I would definitely stay here again. We were there to visit the cemetery so it was great to have the nearby shopping which is adjacent to the hotel. Our room was very well located on the first floor with parking right outside. There was a smell in the bathroom reminiscent of sewer gas. We didn't report it until we left and they didn't offer to rebate any of the room fee which was about $164 a night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

this Hotel is Brand New, it has a nice little water slide, (great for kids but a bit to small for my liking, it felt to tight). pool was nice, Service at eh hotel was great. despite it says it is near the air port it is not really it was very quite, breakfast was perfect. there is a cinema about 300ft away so you can just walk to it.

there are no mirovaes ot fridges... that was a down fall, but there is lots of shoping and foof right near by. be warned though most food places are closed by 10pm

i would stay here again.

Room Tip: our room was on teh back, side... it was nice a, we were on the 3rd floor
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We utilized Priceline roulette and ended up with this hotel for $79 per night, and we were extremely happy with the location and room selection. We found out on our second night that if you play the electronic gambling systems you get free drinks, we spent $5 in the VLT's and had 5 drinks each... Not a bad deal at all....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went to visit my children who were staying at the Holiday inn express and suites for the Montana state fair. Every year we come down here to have a little fun. The front desk gal was the rudest lady i have ever ran into. Ive worked in hotels and the moto usually is the customer is always right, and even if they arent' try and make them happy. Being told there is nothing you can do to fix the situation is not right. Having a miserable time at the hotel seemed to ruin our whole trip. My children like to watch tv before bed and the cable was out in some of the rooms. paying almost $200 for a room and not having all of the amenities promised is crap! I will never stay here and would suggest somewhere else. To pay for Hampton Inn quality and getting motel 6 service is not my idea of a good time!

3  Thank andrew T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear andrew T,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry that your children were unable to watch the television due to cable issues and I apologize for the unacceptable customer service at the front desk. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is my regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests. I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Lera M

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We travel as a family to Great Falls often about 8-10 times a year. We usually stay at the same couple of hotels and never have problems. We decided to choose the holiday inn express and right off the bat had a miserable time. The front desk girl angela told me a number of things that in the end ended up not being true! I make it a point to always pay cash when i stay at hotels , its always the same thing they need the CC on file just in case. That has never been a problem with us, but after being told my card wouldn't be charged they went ahead and charged it anyways. On top of all the check in problems once we finally got to the room we didn't have cable/tv. i call to ask why and i am told "we had a storm and the tvs dont work" i would think that would be something to tell people before you check in. I had two small children with me, i parked by our door to make it a little easier to carry everyone and everything in and i made one trip inside with stuff came back out tried to go back in with more and the door was broke! All around it was miserable. Every little thing that could have went wrong did. They have several notes around the hotel saying if your not happy with your stay or something was wrong to let them know and they will fix it or you dont have to pay, when i let them know i was told there was nothing they could do about it! Terrible attitudes of front desk workers and not somewhere i would ever recommend!

4  Thank Tessa T

Dear Tessa T,

We noticed your post regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Falls. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice clean hotel with good staff. Pool is excellent and the water slide is a kid favourite. I received an upgrade due to platinum status without asking. Upgraded room just has a small kitchenette and a couch but it was very nice. All in all I would suggest a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple