“Cold food and fod overpowered by lemon”
Review of Dimitris - CLOSED

Dimitris
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Great Falls, Montana
“Cold food and fod overpowered by lemon”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love Greek food and was so looking forward to eating at Dimitris after reading the great reviews. The restaurant was practically empty. We ordered the Iliad to sample the variety of great Greek food. The soup starter was bordering on cold. When the food platter came out it was presented nicely but again the food was just about luke warm. The pastitsio was cold and a little bland but was probably the most edible. The pilaf rice and greek potatoes were ok. The dolmades tasted sour, then we tasted the souvlakia {where the lamb was overcooked) and it tasted the same as the dolmades... everything was overpowered by the taste of sour lemon, even the spanikopita. I mentioned this to the server who said that perhaps it was from the lemon on the greek potatoes. She asked if we wanted dessert and we were tempted by the baklava, but declined and were put off even more when the server asked if we were sure we didn't want to try it and see if that tasted like lemon too. The platter was expensive and we didn't want to throw more money on bad food so declined. We were still charged full price for the meal despite telling them it was not good so I don't think we will be going back there.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank TLC04_08

Missoula
“Excellent food and ambience- don't judge from the outside”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been to Greece 3 times. I've eaten Greek food in Chicago, Vancouver, BC and pretty much anywhere else I can hope to find it. I wasn't expecting much in Great Falls, MT. However Dimitris was fantastic. The gyros was probably the very best I've ever had (and I've had hundreds) with slightly spicy meat and perfect pita. I'm not much for Greek desserts, but we ordered the Loukoumades and they were exquisite. The indoor atmosphere is like entering a different world from the industial/ commercial neighborhood where Dimitris is located. It's all bright colors and photos of Greece- not tacky, just welcoming

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Worldtravelr33
MT
“Good Greek food in Great Falls”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I love Greek/Mediterranean food, and Dimitri's is one of only 2 options in Great Falls (the other being Little Athens, in the mall). Dimitri's might not be the best Greek food I've ever had, but it's very good and I'm grateful they're here! I especially love their spicy hummus and the Hades Gyro. Also good are all of the souvlaki dishes, the Doulmaldes, lamb shank and calamari. The Greek potatoes and rice pilaf are both delicious (always hard to choose between them). The prices are reasonable and the decor is nice. We go here for dinner any night of the week as well as for special occasions.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank TMG25
Great Falls, Montana
“Great Comfort Food!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Being a local, I eat at Dimitris often. After having a bad day, I stopped by Dimitris for my favorite comfort foods. When Jody (one of the owners) heard about my day, she gave me a big hug. I started feeling better immediately. The creamy asparagus soup also helped and warmed me right up. I moved on to a plate of carbs - the patitso and substituted the salad for the delicious Greek potatoes. I finished with the yogurt cake, homemade my owner Jim. I felt so much better by the time I left. Oh, and leftovers for lunch today!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mt_kimmie
Great Falls, Montana, United States
“Hummis!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great staff! Best hummis half and half , chips almost always fresh. Love this place, need to visit more often dont want this one to fold!

Visited July 2012