“An Evening in Great Falls”

Bar S Lounge Supper Club
Ranked #35 of 186 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Great Falls, Montana
“An Evening in Great Falls”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good Western Atmosphere, Good Service, Great Food leads to a very enjoyable dinner out.

• Visited May 2012

“Decent steakhouse”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The steak prices seem to be a hit on the menu, but I'm concerned about the quality of meat. My ribeye had about 33-40% fat; I was slightly disappointed, so my 20 oz. ribeye (yes, I love marble) was about 12 oz. muscle and the rest fat. I would have preferred a lower-marble to higher-muscle ratio.

I'm not sure if they season the steaks, and compared to the steak, the sides are tiny. The prime rib is good, but definitely needs more 'flavortown.' The salad I had was whimpy. The seafood chowder had good flavor but needs to be thickened--when I think of chowder I think rich and thick creamy goodness...I didn't find that here. Overall, I liked my dining experience...I would go again. I like that their menu describes steak doneness; sometimes some folks don't know, and some servers can be clueless.

• Visited May 2012
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have eaten there many times and the food has been great. I usually get prime rib or rib eye steak. I’ve only gotten one bad steak (too much fat) and they replace it with a nice piece of prime rib. My wife gets some sort of sea food and that has always been great. The only problem I have had is with my drink, a margarita. It is hit or miss with them, I guess it depends on who is bartending.

• Visited April 2012
Alberta
“Interesting setting, but fun”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Good prices, good steaks. Great friendly Montana service. I had a tenderloin I couldn't finish...

There are more than 50 hunting "trophy" animal heads on the walls - and you can pick out a pelt of your own from several hanging. If you have a sensitive anti-hunting animal lover or a PETA member in your group, this might not be the place to dine, but if you're a shameless carnivore, go for it.

Visited April 2012
“Best lunch around”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The bar side is the best atmosphere and the dining room is decent. The food is amazing and the people are great