“I'll be back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Billings, Montana
“I'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This property wasn't a primary destination I would have picked before staying in it. I had some business associates fly into Great Falls to meet me for joint sales calls and the Hilton was their hotel of choice. Rather than me staying at another hotel and having to run all over town to run them around, I decided to just to check in as well.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The internet signal was strong, the beds were plush and the pillows were comfortable, something that seems to be rare these days. The staff was also very friendly and knowledgeable.

Bottom line: next time I'm in the area, I'm going to stay with them again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would have given this facility five stars, except for the staffing for our evening meal. The service throughout the hotel was generally excellent, it is a beautiful facility and very clean, the food was very good. We arrived on a Thursday evening and decided to have dinner in the hotel's cafe. We waited at least 15 minutes before anyone noticed that we were even there. After receiving our menus, we waited another half hour for the server to take our order. We waited over another half hour for our food. The single waitress on duty apologized over and over, but told us that room service orders had priority because of a policy to deliver them within 25 minutes! During our meal she was constantly running off to deliver meals all over the hotel. During breakfast there were two waitresses and a busboy, all seemingly devoted to providing excellent service at that meal.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed over as a family and we enjoyed the experience greatly. Kids had fun in the pool and the whole place smelled friendly (perhaps because there was a wedding party going on) and looked beautiful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

New, nicely decorated - great place to stay. Restaurants close by. We were there for a quick overnighter before we flew out of the airport. One little extra I noticed was the new plug ins in the room - there were bedside plugins on each night light and there was a very handy port on the desk when you could plug in 2 items with a regular electrical plug in as well as two USB plug ins. I have taken to travelling with power bars and extension cords as the outlets in most rooms is lacking. This was great.
One negative was that we asked for a wake up call that we did not receive. Luckily I had my cell phone alarm on as back up. I overheard another guest complaining about the same thing.
The pool looked decent. The exercise room was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xxhermxx
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very nice accommodations at this Hilton Garden Inn. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it for your lodging needs in Great Falls. Having multiple TV's in the King Suite was great for keeping the kids entertained.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Billings, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel a considerable amount of time and do look for certain service points. The check in was as fast as I have ever experienced; but what about the amenities? The front desk did not explain, point out,or show me anything other than the location of the elevator. This certainly would have been a plus. The room was as expected, bed was a bit uncomfortable but tolerable, the bathroom small but accommodating, internet was easy to access, and the room was slightly dusty but with the wind in Great Falls that is to be expected. There were some restaurants nearby but would not pen my name to them. The hotel was just average and I did get what I paid for in terms of a room. No flash nor glitz. It was an average room for an average price. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
lethbridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I expect a minimum standard when booking a hotel and this hotel met that standard, but wasn't anything "extra" that pushed it over the top. Comfortable king-sized bed, nice room size, big bathroom. Wireless internet worked great. Shower head was good. Hairdryer was terrible. Air conditioner was very loud kicking on and off all night - finally shut it off the 2nd night so could get some sleep. The mini fridge was very loud. The other guests were what was most annoying - loud screaming kids running up and down the hall way - finally had to poke my head out the door and ask the lady to please be quiet. Whoever was staying in the room above us was having a running and jumping fest all night and early morning also. I realize this is not the hotels fault but it impacted my overall impression. Had a few drinks in the lounge on a Friday night and it was good, chatted with a few other guests and the bartender. Check-in was good, arrived about an hour early and was no problem. Check-out seems to be very easy - invoice is already under my door and looks correct - but I haven't actually left yet but I don't expect any problems. Overall, an average stay in a nice hotel - exactly what you'd expect it to be.

Room Tip: I wonder if a room on the top floor would be quieter with no one running around above you?