“Do yourself a favor and Just don't ...”
Review of Parkwood Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glendive
Parkwood Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Glendive
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Oh boy...just don't. I've stayed in some doozies of motel rooms over the years, but this one takes the cake. Definitely lacking cleanliness. Wouldn't let my bare feet touch the carpet or the bathroom floor and I rolled up the bedspread and set it aside - no way did I want THAT on the bed while I slept. Wished I had packed my OWN sheets too, Bathroom was teeny tiny and the towels were thread bare. The shower curtain fit inside the shower but you MUST secure it all the way around the inside of the shower with little rubber grippers or the bathroom WILL flood and the sad little towles are too thin to sop up water. No fan in the bathroom as evidenced by the peeling mildewy ceiling. The check-in office was smoke-filled and stale with a little yippy dog. (Yeah...that should have been my first clue on the whole situation) The only nice things I can say is the water pressure was awesome and it was $43, I am embarassed to say I stayed there. Not again. No way no how.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emj428
There are newer reviews for Parkwood Motel

Reviewed March 20, 2013

not fancy,but affordable for the traveler.You cannot beat the price for the stay.Folks are very friendly there.A very busy place for working people also.There is also a big park behind the units,as well a grocery store next door,as well across the street.Located from right downtown.

Room Tip: book early as possible
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bran m
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here because of the $49 rate and only needed a place to sleep. The carpet was really dirty. The room was very small. The bed was new, a pillowtop, but was a cheap bed that groaned when you moved. The bathroom was clean, but everywhere you looked, the room needed some basic maintenance. A large area of the wall had been repaired but not repainted. The wood floorboard needed restaining and varnish. The tv was fine and the towels were thick. The small fridge was okay. Didn't use the microwave. The front of the wall heater was hanging open. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaudineMT
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would rather sleep on a park bench in fifty below weather. If you don't mind dog hair or human hair in your bed it might be alright for you. It's just down right disgusting [--] nasty. I just cannot say how bad this place is. I have stayed in a lot of bad places but this one tops them all.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Killerhowie
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After reading the other reviews of this place I really didn't know what to expect, but I found that some reviews are a tad overdramatic. The place was fine. It's certainly no Hilton but it's no third world bomb shelter either. Indeed the headboard was smashed in and covered with duct tape; maybe from some over zealous sexual adventures. It was clean enough and smelled fine. The beds were very firm. It's conveniently located next to a grocery store and across the street from an albertson's. It's in the middle of no where and you get what you pay for. Don't expect mints on your pillow and you won't be sorrowly disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank emrobe34
Reviewed August 18, 2012

So let's start with the good, the owners are great. That is it. Everything else is bad. There are holes in the headboard covered with tape and the bathroom is falling apart but that was not nearly as bad as the dirty sheets complete with a "stain" and the dirty blankets. I was so grossed out that I slept in my sleeping bag on top of the bed an considered sleeping outside on the sidewalk. And then there was the bugs. I spent quite awhile swatting flies and other odd bugs I found around and in the bed before giving up and sleeping with them. Beware. It was only 45 bucks but I slept maybe 5 dollars worth.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Harleyroadtripper
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I got a very early start but forgot my laptop in the room. I waited until about 7 a.m. to knock on the door of the owner's house, but of course got her out of bed. She was very gracious and didn't communicate any annoyance whatsoever with giving me a spare key to use. A calm, considerate lady.

This is a classic road motel, so room small but quite charming, adequate, and clean. Everything worked well, bed in fine shape. A few denizens were visiting outside on this early July evening, and in another room as well, but quieted down by 9:30 or 10.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo