“Charming oasis”

Charley Montana Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glendive
Charley Montana Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Glendive B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It's like stepping back in time at this charming oasis. We had a group of five adults and they were very accommodating to us. It was very quiet and restful. The breakfast was delicious and Sonja was a wonderful hostess. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I overnighted in Glendive, and I was going to stay at one of the hotels, but I saw the review of Charley Montana on Tripadvisor and I thought I should give them a call. Sonja and Kevin are very gracious hosts and I instantly felt like family, very relaxed and welcome. In addition to the amazing house, Kevin went out of his way to pick me up and drop me off at the airport. The breakfast was excellent, and was a welcome change from the standard fare from the chain hotels. I would give them a rating of 6 if I could.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John K
Reviewed April 18, 2012

If you want to step back into the Victorian era, you will enjoy this B & B. The inn is more like a charming museum than a hotel, and owner Sonja is a calm and gracious hostess. The website stated that a "hearty homemade breakfast is served daily between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m." We asked if we might have it at 8:00 a.m. We were politely but very firmly told that it would be served promptly at 7:30 a.m., and that the timing was not flexible. Other than this minor contretemps, and the fact that I would not consider what was offered to be "hearty," we enjoyed our stay at Charley Montana.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was invited to speak in Glendive for three days, and my wife and I were told we were staying here. We knew there were hotels in the area, and I typically prefer that over a B&B - mainly a privacy issue. Well, this place is a total charm! And the breakfasts were hardly what you would expect. These were totally gourmet, and a phenominal variety that Elaine prepared. All rooms have a private bathroom, too, so that also put us at ease.
So, hotels have their place - especially consistent ones like Hamptons, but this place is very unique and "homey". A great place to stay and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I travel for business and while I like the breakfasts at the Comfort Inn and other chains, they're pretty predictable - waffles, yogurt, microwaved eggs, toast.

At Charley's, your breakfast looks like it's ready to be photographed by Bon Appetit - every morning is different and always delicious. The mansion is well-maintained and wonderfully decorated during the Christmas season. The location is fine, the rooms are nice. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Beautiful restored historic house with beautiful landscaped yard less than a two minute walk from a walking bridge over the Yellowstone River. Innkeepers are fantastic hosts and the house is open and full of historic pictures and books which could be an evening of exploring if you wanted it to be. The breakfast was what would be expected of a 5-star restaurant.

Clean, quiet and restful. Skip the franchise motels on the interstate and get a look at the town and experience this instead. The price isn't much different.

Room Tip: The in-room refrigerators are noisy. Unplug it right away.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelRockies
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This home is beautiful, relaxing and you will be very well-attended. Sonja, the proprietor, is wonderful and breakfast was a delight. Prepare far in advance, as the oil boom is taking it's toll on availability. Experience a great stay near the river!

Room Tip: The Charley room is large and very nicely decorated. You can't go wrong though - pick a room an...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business