“Nice break from the normal rush”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garryowen
7th Ranch RV Camp & Historical Tours
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I camped here in a smaller trailer with my husband and young daughter. The site was nice for our two day stay but may have been a bit small for a longer stay or larger family. I have also tent camped before this year so I did check out the tent sites. All that I looked at were level and grassy. All sites are pretty open with not many trees but the area is beautiful. The campground is part of a working ranch that you are welcome to walk. We took a small walk to the flagpole at sunset, definitely recommend that! I did have a tick on me when we returned so be sure to check. The bathrooms were the cleanest that I have ever seen in a campground. The staff is very friendly. My one note is there really isn't anything for kids to do. The crowd is mostly older, retired people. We brought our own games and made the best of it but it would have been boring on a longer stay. There is also a set of train tracks not far and it did seem like it came through late at night blowing it's whistle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for 7th Ranch RV Camp & Historical Tours

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We loved it. Close to little bighorn. Very helpful owners. Clean. Good facilities. Great views. Quiet. If you are traveling in this fairly limited area of the country, this is a great stop. If you go be sure to watch the sunrise from the flagpole.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cflaherty
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I planned to tent here but changed to a cabin when I arrived (without reservation of any type) due to the possibility of rain and high winds. Their website mentions at least twice to ask for your Good Sam discount for staying with them, without any exclusions listed. However, I found at checkin that they refused to honor the discount for the cabin, offering the (in my view) lame excuse that the cabin requires cleaning, while other sites do not. "Cleaning" might involve, at most, a quick sweep... there are no linens to change, no dishes to wash or amenities to replenish.

Otherwise, the stay was completely enjoyable. As others have stated, the bathroom/showers are immaculate; the fridge in the cabin worked fine. Didn't have need for heat or cooling. It's a very scenic area, although, had I tented, it might have been a challenge to find a level site, and all tent sites are in the open. I suspect that most customers here are Rvers & that wouldn't be an issue for them. The lady at checkin (not the owner) was very pleasant & helpful. Didn't knowingly meet the owners, although a park employee who didn't identify himself asked if I would show my cabin to a prospective tenant, which I did do. The location was ideal for my purpose, which was to tour the Little Bighorn Battlefield. Wifi was about as I expected... somewhat slow, but reliable.

Due to the misleading (at best) advertising, I'm deducting one point from my rating... 4 "circles".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SonoraDick
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival to this RV park, we were greeted by friendly proprietors. Check in was fast, complimentary ice cream was offered. We were escorted to our site. Nice, level gravel sites on tiers, with beautiful views of the green hillsides of Wyoming.
Bathrooms are spotless with Western music piped in. Closest RV park to Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument.
Good Sam park, highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank xplr4fn
Reviewed April 28, 2013

With less than a 24-hour notice (our bad) and about a week before their "official" opening of May 1st the owners (Chip & Sandy) went over and above expectations to accommodate us.

Since the water to the campground was still turned off for the winter Chip filled our fresh water tank and then escorted us to our site which was primo! The views were breathtaking, our site was level, had ample room for our 45' motorhome, 14' trailer and full-size pickup, the grounds were spotless and landscaped well.

Every site has a grass area, trash can, picnic table and most (perhaps all) had charcoal grills. The wi-fi worked great and Verizon phone signal is excellent. You can even see the Little Big Horn Battle Site from the campground.

The campground is surrounded by Chip & Sandy's ranch land which is an actual working ranch which enhances the overall rural atmosphere.

We were only going to stay overnight but stayed 2 nights instead because of the exceptional efforts that were made to make us comfortable.

Don't miss an opportunity to stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky T
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We visited Little Big Horn battlefield recently and spent the night at 7th Ranch. The people were very friendly. We stayed in one of the cabins and it was very cozy and had air conditioning which was nice given that it was very hot. The cabins do not have bathrooms but are right across from them so they are handy. The bathrooms are very clean. My only complaint is the very old school country music that plays in the bathrooms 24 hours a day. It is most disconcerting to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and have this music playing quite loudly when you walk in the door. There were a lot of trains in the night blowing their whistles quite close which kept us up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MirandaH123
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This campground is very quiet and peaceful and is in a beautiful setting. Restrooms are one of my measuring sticks for campgrounds and this one is at the top. The bathrooms/showers were very large and very, very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful at checkin, the sites are large and clean, they have good wi-fi service and even offer free ice cream at checkin. Prices are very reasonable. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue H

Been to 7th Ranch RV Camp & Historical Tours? Share your experiences!