“Very unpleasant, screaming owner”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garryowen
7th Ranch RV Camp & Historical Tours
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Very unpleasant, screaming owner”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here in one of their "cowboy cabins" for a night on the way to the Black Hills and stopped to visit Little Bighorn Battlefield (battlefield is amazing).

This was basically a shed surrounded by red mud and gravel, but was fine for a night. The cabin was clean, with bunk beds and a very hard plastic mattress double bed. Air conditioning worked a little.

My issue with the place isn't with the quality of the accommodations though.

The owner escorted us to the cabin in her golf cart and was pleasant enough. She told us the door was open and the key was inside and then she left. The door was open, but there was no key inside. We didn't care because it was already about 8 p.m. and we weren't going anywhere so didn't need a key.

We got up next morning and left.

A couple hours later the owner phoned me on my cell phone and asked me to return the key. I told her we never got a key. She immediately became very confrontational with me, raising her voice saying, "Oh yes, you did or you couldn't have opened the door." I told her the door was open and that there never was a key.

At this point she began yelling at me calling me a liar and saying we would be charged for the key. I calmly tried to continue telling her there was no key, but at this point she was screaming over me and then hung up on me.

Very unpleasant. We love Little Bighorn and the Black Hills, but we won't be staying at this place again. Sometimes people in this industry seem to forget it's called the "hospitality" industry. Even if she had given us a key, would it have been worth losing a customer and a bad review because of a $4 key replacement?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank zogduke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Ann
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed here for two nights. It is located near the Interstate and is your typical pull in for a night or two campground. Restrooms and laundry were very clean. Staff friendly and provided directions and suggestions for activities. Much nicer than other campgrounds in the area.
I don't know if it was the time were there or if it is typical, but the area was very windy, we were not able to put our awning out because of winds. Campground is up on a hill and very open, very few trees which is typical of this area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelgirlFortAnn
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Love this place. It is awesome. The 7th Ranch RV Camp is a little piece of Montana's paradise. It's location is spectacular. If you are interested in western history you can't find a better location to explore The Battle of the Little Big Horn. Chip and Sandy are amazing hosts, gracious, friendly, interesting, and kind. Can't say enough good things about this place except that my husband and I miss it. It's a beautiful establishment. Make sure you get a chance to stay there. You won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank luvtutravel_9
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed July 2, 2009

7th Ranch is a beautiful setting for camping and exploring the Little
Bighorn Battlefield area. The hosts and their staff are the best. This is gem! Absolutely the best RV park and campground in the vicinity.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank Camper1016
Oregon
Reviewed June 2, 2009

If you are at all interested in the history about The Battle of the Little Big horn this is the place to stay while you visit the battlefield! Owners Chip & Sandy are very attentive to their guest needs and full of information about the history of the area. The R.V> park is very clean and nestled into the hills just east of the National Monument. Beath taking sunsets await every evening & native birds bring the sunrise each morning.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Shadowrider06

Been to 7th Ranch RV Camp & Historical Tours? Share your experiences!